The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G RANDOM CLUSTER OF CUT WIRES

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louis Gibson

Probationary Member
Jun 23, 2019
Tillamook, Oregon
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
So I have this 97 Eclipse GST that I traded for a while back and as I was trying to track down the bad ground for my OBD2 port, I stumbled across this absolute nightmare tangle of random wires and plugs that have no home..... this is gonna be a shoot in the dark.... but can anybody identify what this tangled mess goes to?....

Attachments

• 0CA2ECCE-5DFF-4973-A25C-48D2CC936C7A.jpeg
    0CA2ECCE-5DFF-4973-A25C-48D2CC936C7A.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 34
  • 1F383D32-8372-4BEB-A4E5-AF5087AB0966.jpeg
    1F383D32-8372-4BEB-A4E5-AF5087AB0966.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
^^This for sure^^

I had the same issue 10ish years ago on a GST I had back then. Pulled out all the weird wiring, and made sure all OEM wiring was good. So, remove all that crap, then see if there is any loose or hanging wires in the area of your OBD port.

That is 100% left over alarm/remote start hookups. I see your door locks, hood pin, brake switch, parking lights, numerous grounds and other related things hooked in there. Looks like they used t-taps and crappy connections too so you are in for a treat trying to get everything connected correctly again. Get in the manuals section of this site and download the electrical manual and I also recommend a haynes manual since the diagrams are in the back too.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back