The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Moving fuse box without cutting wires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosted DSM 32

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 21, 2011
McDonald, Ohio
I'm relocating my battery to the back of my car and I'm wondering if there is anywhere I can move the fuse box without having to cut and lengthen any wires? I've heard you can move the box under where the battery used to be once you move it and it can be mounted underneath that without cutting any wires besides the ones for the headlights? Any input would be appreciated.

I had to cut mine that's the whole point of me moving it into the car itself 2gs ive seen it but not on any 1g.

I just moved mine last night up to where the battery was, I don't know if you can on a 1g since mine is a 2.

You take off the white wire holder that's over by the alternator (in front driver wheel well) and it frees up about 8" of the main harness. The bigger pain is rerouting all the plugs, and I had to take all my intercooler piping out and intake.

I just moved mine last night up to where the battery was, I don't know if you can on a 1g since mine is a 2.

You take off the white wire holder that's over by the alternator (in front driver wheel well) and it frees up about 8" of the main harness. The bigger pain is rerouting all the plugs, and I had to take all my intercooler piping out and intake.

Do you have any pictures of your tuck? I'd like to check if out and as the guy said above it doesn't look like your able to do the same on a 1g

I could be wrong but all 1gs ive seen they had to cut the wires, I didn't see a way around that.

I won't be able to get pictures till later, I have it pretty much half way done, still need to make my battery tray and mount it on the subframe, then the fuse box will be above the battery so you can still access them. I'm doing it because I need space for a dual catch can setup, I figured the fuse box area would be best

Here are a couple pictures, keep in mind this isn't done and I will be taking all the connectors off the loom that aren't used anymore, so it should just look like one loom of wiring going to the box. I also think I figured out how I will mount the front of the box, not sure about a support for the back, but ill get it figured out... anyways here they are

The piece you pull out
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Factory box mount for the front of the box

Looks like it fits perfectly on these bolt holes! One mount down, fab the other.

Hopefully this helps someone out even though it doesn't apply to the 1g platform you were asking abou :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back