The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Custom Vent Gauge Pod

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That one looks a little odd to me. I like vent mounted gauges though. I have 2 in the center vent and one in the ash tray of my 1g. If you are only planning on getting a single gauge then I guess it will work for you.

That one looks a little odd to me. I like vent mounted gauges though. I have 2 in the center vent and one in the ash tray of my 1g. If you are only planning on getting a single gauge then I guess it will work for you.

Is it just me or does it look like the gauge sticks out kinda a lot?

this is one that i made for my car:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

PS: im selling it LOL

this is one that i made for my car:

PS: im selling it LOL

Yeah i like that but i want to keep at least one of my vents, that's the only problem. I love how the gauge looks there but it's hard to find any with the vents still there.

I got one made by one of the freelancers on here that goes by the name of glowryder. Sorry for the bad pics (cellphone).

1g's are so much simpler, LOL.

...yet we don't have a post that isn't mounted with janky tape, etc. I'd love one that fits properly and slightly angles the gauges like the 2g guys have.

...yet we don't have a post that isn't mounted with janky tape, etc. I'd love one that fits properly and slightly angles the gauges like the 2g guys have.

This VI center vent gauge bezel is high quality and includes mounting brackets. No tape or glue required. Also the entire center section of the dash is angled towards the driver. However if that is not enough anlge then you can pick up these Autometer angle rings and call it a day.

I got one made by one of the freelancers on here that goes by the name of glowryder. Sorry for the bad pics (cellphone).

How easy is that to see while driving? Like as far as location and the angle.

How easy is that to see while driving? Like as far as location and the angle.

I think its great. He angled the pod a bit so that it faces the drivers side. All it takes is a quick glance at it to see whats going on.

The only thing I would change is getting a clear lens gauge rather than a tinted one.

I think its great. He angled the pod a bit so that it faces the drivers side. All it takes is a quick glance at it to see whats going on.

The only thing I would change is getting a clear lens gauge rather than a tinted one.

I already have a tinted one, but what's the problem with it?

I already have a tinted one, but what's the problem with it?

You should be okay if its for your gst (hardtop).

I would change it because it gets hard to see while driving top down in the sun:D

You should be okay if its for your gst (hardtop).

I would change it because it gets hard to see while driving top down in the sun:D
Lol true, never thought about that.

Make your own. That way you can make it the way you want it to be.

I don't have any pics of the next processes. Trim the edges to remove excess fiberglass. Then all you need to do is cover with with a layer of body filler (bondo), let it dry, and sand, sand, sand. Sand it until you're happy with the surface finish. Then cut out the areas for the buttons and paint it.

Crappy cell phone pics of it installed:

This was only the second time I've ever even messed with fiberglassing, so I'm far from an expert. And this was still a cake walk. If you're a DIYer, this is a fun little project. Total cost was around $20 for materials.

Last edited:
Is that Paul Volk's car on that magazine in the 5th pic?
Yeah, the company that I work for uses pictures of my car for catalogs, magazine ads, and other promotional material all the time.

where did you get those gauge mounts?
Those are the retaining pieces that are included with all newer Autometer gauges. They used to be U-shaped aluminum pieces, but Autometer started using these plastic ones a few years ago. I'm not sure it's they're sold separetely or not.

Why eliminate a/c vents? Or at least it must be nice to live in a climate where a/c is not a must. I grew up in the north east and out west in Co and remember driving around the parents cars with 4-60 a/c. Then moved down here to the south, I can not drive a car with out a/c.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back