The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Custom Vent Gauge Pod

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nice. they dont make the triple ones anmore, so im gonna hafta make one like this....

right now i'm ghetto'in it. LOL

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I think that looks pretty good, or thats a sick ass pic.

I agree. Here's mine. Carbon.

I love you design. would you be willing to make a few more and sell them:hellyeah:

You'll never have any experience with that attitude either. You would only be out maybe 30 bucks? Take the risk!

Ya I know but us with no experience on ths field wouldn't even know where to start....I woulld rather take my $30 and pay someone to make one and save my time. And get a better chance of getting a quality prouct

Ya I know but us with no experience on ths field wouldn't even know where to start....I woulld rather take my $30 and pay someone to make one and save my time. And get a better chance of getting a quality prouct
Spend a day reading about fiberglassing online, then go pick up the supplies and dive into it. That's exactly what I did. My first project was a bit rough, my second one was much better, and my third one turned out great. Because I took the initiative and learned by doing it, I now have a little bit of experience under my belt if I ever decide to tackle a future project. And the satisfaction of making your own parts is second to none. :thumb:

Spend a day reading about fiberglassing online, then go pick up the supplies and dive into it. That's exactly what I did. My first project was a bit rough, my second one was much better, and my third one turned out great. Because I took the initiative and learned by doing it, I now have a little bit of experience under my belt if I ever decide to tackle a future project. And the satisfaction of making your own parts is second to none. :thumb:

Now after that man Im super motivated to make my own shit :thumb:

Anybody know a good place to get supplies? Like maybe a small kit or something?

i might try to tackle a project like that too but dont want to ruin my vent because i only have one and theres no going back LOL
Those center vent assemblies are a dime-a-dozen. Don't be scared. :)

I just finished another one for my new DD:

Sorry for starting this thread back up but i just wanna share my own custom center vent gauge pod:D

^-- Looks great - have any pictures of the process? Was thinking of doing something nearly identical for mine and would be interested to see how you did it.

My custom pod…work's for now;)

Attachments

• attachment-5.jpg
    attachment-5.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 164
Hey, reviving this thread to guage some interest in a project I saw somewhere (but I can't find where anymore).
For some background, 3D designing, fabricating, and 3D printing is my job.
I want to keep a bit of functionality of these vents, but also make them useful and hold guages.
I took out my two vents and will be measuring them up to 3D print them so that they would be drop-in to the existing vent locations. The difference would be that I will be designing a hole in the middle of the vent to fit a guage.
The idea is that you can keep a bit of the stock look, keep the vents somewhat functional (no actuating left or right will be the only down-side), and add another convenient place for a guage.

Would there be any interest in something like this?

EDIT: I by no means put a lot of time into this concept design but below is something I whipped up to give you guys an idea.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back