The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Crash89s Spyder build!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good grief! Are these spyders that heavy? I haven't made it onto a scale with mine yet.

Good job on progressively getting better times. I'm guessing your HP in your avatar is outdated?

What psi was your wg at then? Im on a similar setup and would like a ballpark figure of hp.

Mods at that time were:

stock motor, BC272 cams
Vrs fmic
Megan 3" dp and ebay catback.
wally 255 and afpr
20g and external gate.

Boost would spike to about 14 psi and fall to ~12. The spring itself was a 10lb spring. 3rd gear would fuel cut real bad. IDC's were showing 120%+ on a 4th gear pull. I had no wideband so have no idea what the AFRs were. Probably dangerously lean.

And you made 297 with that?? I have very similar mods, but i am tuned with aem ems and for some reason I'm hitting 17psi on a 14psi spring. I think it may be tired or have a leak. Only thing I don't have is cams. Do you think they made a big difference at that power level?

Mods at that time were:

stock motor, BC272 cams
Vrs fmic
Megan 3" dp and ebay catback.
wally 255 and afpr
20g and external gate.

Boost would spike to about 14 psi and fall to ~12. The spring itself was a 10lb spring. 3rd gear would fuel cut real bad. IDC's were showing 120%+ on a 4th gear pull. I had no wideband so have no idea what the AFRs were. Probably dangerously lean.

Those were your mods for the last time sheet i seen you run.It was a 12 something?

Damm Tom.Nice goin:thumb:

Those were your mods for the last time sheet i seen you run.It was a 12 something?

Damm Tom.Nice goin:thumb:

No, Bud. Those were the mods for my dyno numbers under my avatar. That set up was over two years ago.

This time slip was the first slip Ive posted in the 12s. Considering I just made it into the 12s at the shootout. That was a 12.7x @ 117

Havent updated this in a while. Did manage to get to the track one last time for the season. 1250 injectors and turned the boost up a little but the trans still wouldnt have it. Losing about a half a second on the 1-2 shift. Then, the very next day I do a couple third/fourth pulls and boom, there goes the trans. Nothing but fourth gear and the shifter just moves freely.

Wont know exactly what happened until I pull it apart. Funds are a little low so itll be a little bit until I can get the parts to rebuild it.

Well now that Im getting some funds saved up and about ready to start getting some new go fast parts ordered I wanted to update this with some plans for the next season.

*Transmission - Ive been talking with Tim Z and going back and for with Jacks team via emails to find out which transmission package would be best beneficial for me, both price wise and hp wise. Ive been looking at Jacks 2.2 package as well as Tims "stage 3". Both seem to be what I need for the car but Im leaning towards Tims due to I DD this car.

* -12an turbo oil drain - I need to gather up some bungs and get them welded to the pan. The stock style has been leaking something fierce.

* Vband a couple spots in the exhaust. - I think I might have a leak right after the turbine housing due to the flange holes not being perfect when it was made. The downpipe is a pain in the ass to bolt to the hot side.

* Tires. - I have 3 sets of wheels and all of them have junk/close to junk tires. My 18'' Motegi's, stock 2g wheels and my FD's.

* Maybe injectors.. - At the end of the season I was seeing some high IDCs from my 1000s on E85. Im not sure if I was actually running out of injector or if it was due to still using the stock banjo line from the filter to the rail. Regardless I bought a -6an filter to rail line. Im going to see if that helps the IDC issue a little.

* Weight loss. With me in the car, race weight in this pig is 3400lbs. I do also have a 10" sub in the car.

Plans for the car this season are to make a 10 second pass or 130 traps on the hx35 while maintaing a full Daily driving car. Probably wont reach the current AWD spyder record this season which currently is 10.43 @ 140 held by Nick Fox but I want to at least set it up for the 2015 season. Maybe if I just cant quite reach it and funds are available Ill find an hx40 and have some fun.

All of this is STILL all done on stock 7 bolt with balance shafts, unknown miles. I really hope I dont throw a rod through the block this season! Thall be a real set back but if it happens it happens. :rocks:

Last edited:
Dropped my trans off at Mr Zimmers house on saturday for his "stage 3" build up with a welded center diff. Should have it back well before we have enough rain to clear the roads! This weekend Ill be buying some V-band clamps and some other bungs and fittings for the oil drain. Might start tearing some weight out of the car too.

Since I have to manually put the top up and down anyways Im going to just take out the electric top motors and maybe the wiring for them.

Do you know why the top won't go up or down with power? Mine was like that til I fixed the motors myself.

Mine actually do work with the button. However, I have the switch (in the truck) in the manual spot and have the trunk plastics removed. Plus the some staples have come loose in the top which make things not work correctly when Im not manually moving them to make sure they dont snag. It already has and bent the two little arms. It doesnt bother me to put it up and down manually.

Thanks Awdspyderman!

Ah. My first spyder had bad motors so I always did the top manually. I'll be fixing those stupid bent arms on mine one day. I finally fixed the water proofing on mine recently. No leaks now.

Lol I just went thru your whole build thread. I m at were you were three years ago!!! By the way how did you get that car in and out if that moving truck? Custom ramps?

Haha! I cant believe nobody has ever asked that before on here!! No, not custom ramps. When I rented the truck, I also rented a trailer from the same place. And if anyones ever rented a uhaul trailer you know that the ramps extend from the trailer. Well, we loaded the car onto the trailer backwards, unhooked the trailer and lowered the tongue to the ground and chalked the wheels. Then Backed the truck up to about 5 or 6' to the end of the trailer and extended the ramps into the back. Then I drove the car into the trailer, very slowly. I took pictures of the entire thing, Ill try and get them up.

Edit, found some..

[URL=http://s805.photobucket.com/user/oscarson66/media/intotruck_zps5976784a.jpg.html]intotruck_zps5976784a.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s805.photobucket.com/user/oscarson66/media/intotruck2_zps2c0f9b4b.jpg.html]intotruck2_zps2c0f9b4b.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s805.photobucket.com/user/oscarson66/media/intotruck3_zps0e6c2486.jpg.html]intotruck3_zps0e6c2486.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s805.photobucket.com/user/oscarson66/media/intruck.jpg.html]intruck.jpg[/URL]

Attachments

• intotruck_zps5976784a.jpg
    intotruck_zps5976784a.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 16
  • intotruck2_zps2c0f9b4b.jpg
    intotruck2_zps2c0f9b4b.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 15
  • intotruck3_zps0e6c2486.jpg
    intotruck3_zps0e6c2486.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 16
  • intruck.jpg
    intruck.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 16
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back