The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A Cranks no start (420a)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavinrich25

Proven Member
Jul 26, 2021
Roanoke, Virginia
Now now before you say check the threads I have and have seen doesn’t sound right so here some background on the car...

it is a 1997 Mitsubishi eclipse rs model
It cranks slowly somtimes but it does crank and if sombody has a reason why somtimes it’ll be fast then somtimes slow that would be nice but back to the point...

it has fuel- pressure it has spark in ever cylinder and the crank position sensor is also good and it seems like it wants to start it just won’t commit

I have not done a compression test yet as I am waiting for tmr...

it has “started “ today as this problem has only been a day thing due to tranny being locked up if the trans is off would that stop it from starting? Like I said it has started once just for a split second but that’s the closest I’ve gotten.....

like I said it has fuel and spark and it is not a orange spark if that helps and I have not tried to read codes yet I’ll do that tmr but does anybody have any ideas?

And I will add when car starts all lights are on srs, oil, etc

And another thing I seen people talk abt the anti lock my door handles don’t work so does that have anything to do with?

Start with clean all the ground points and with new battery and make sure terminals are also clean, I've seen people mix up CAS and ignition sensor wires (since 2gb has same plugs for both) so make sure if you or anyone else has messed up anything with them that they're not mixed up

Start with clean all the ground points and with new battery and make sure terminals are also clean, I've seen people mix up CAS and ignition sensor wires (since 2gb has same plugs for both) so make sure if you or anyone else has messed up anything with them that they're not mixed up
Alright I’ll start with that thank you

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back