The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Corgrats to gixxerdrew at Superlap Battle

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greengoblin

Supporting Vendor
Mar 10, 2006
McKinney, Texas
Big Congrats to Andrew Brilliant, his team, sponsors and all that helped for setting the Limited FF class record at Super Lap battle and taking the WIN! They even did it with the car being way down on HP due to waste gate problems. Look forward to seeing what the car will do with all it has.

Super Lap Battle 2010 FINALS Results | Super Lap Battle Time Attack

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Also Sierra-Sierra set a new track record! This took the title away from HKS nd now for the first time a USA team holds the overall record! Big congrats to them too!

This photo is just incase you don't know the Sierra-Sierra car. It's and old pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
He had some drivetrain issues on the practice day the day before, and my lazy butt flaked on him. But to the rescue, he brought it down to the shop, I pulled the trans and we all determined the issue wasn't the trans but was the triple disc clutch. We swapped out for an ACT 2900 w/6puck, and had to call in a favor and find a 6bolt AWD chromoly flywheel at 12am. Slapped it back together, do a quick nut and bolt check and find some loose turbo hardware and missing turbo hardware. Replace it all, and find that the Accusump line had a major leak. Fabbed up a new one at 2am and everyting was good to go. I didn't leave the shop till 4am. Glad he took the win and set a record, otherwise I'd be a little dissapointed after bustin my a$$ the night before. And I said it, "it should stay in one piece, I touched it. I'm the master of "it shouldn't stay together...but it does""

Congrats Drew. And also props to his friend and mech/fabricator Brad, dude kicks butt, amazing work with hammer, never seen anyone work so gracefully with a hammer (if you can call swinging that thing at a piece of metal graceful). And "master of teh wiggins" Drew, that upper pipe was a PITA, I'd rather pull the trans and put it back in again :p. But that car is in a new level for DSMs and an inspiration, maybe that's what I'll do with my FWD shell sitting out there...come after you. HAHA, But anytime you need help or around SoCal, drop by or let me know.

o_M-g That thing looks sooo good in white. And dont forget its a spyder :)
Only eclipse I see on the list is a 92 apparently though?!?

I saw this also, they have the model year wrong. Drew is part of FX Motorsports.

This is from the fb page.

Thanks guys! We silenced anyone who said the car (or DSMs) couldn't handle! running on wastegate 0.8 bar and setting a track record. What is that like 300hp?? not exactly sure but it meant we were on par power wise with the N/A honda guys except heavier and still ran quicker. The driver commented that the car handles so well and drives amazing. Once you have that, everything else is just a matter of time!

People were definitely not happy, as we got protested but they did not uphold the protest and gave us the victory.

I've been meaning to update the blog but I just havent had the time yet since we are still working on the NSX. We think we were on track to win the event overall with it but we lost an engine. Victory went deservedly to Sierra Sierra they had it together on that day and ran an amazing number.

He had some drivetrain issues on the practice day the day before, and my lazy butt flaked on him. But to the rescue, he brought it down to the shop, I pulled the trans and we all determined the issue wasn't the trans but was the triple disc clutch. We swapped out for an ACT 2900 w/6puck, and had to call in a favor and find a 6bolt AWD chromoly flywheel at 12am. Slapped it back together, do a quick nut and bolt check and find some loose turbo hardware and missing turbo hardware. Replace it all, and find that the Accusump line had a major leak. Fabbed up a new one at 2am and everyting was good to go. I didn't leave the shop till 4am. Glad he took the win and set a record, otherwise I'd be a little dissapointed after bustin my a$$ the night before. And I said it, "it should stay in one piece, I touched it. I'm the master of "it shouldn't stay together...but it does""

Congrats Drew. And also props to his friend and mech/fabricator Brad, dude kicks butt, amazing work with hammer, never seen anyone work so gracefully with a hammer (if you can call swinging that thing at a piece of metal graceful). And "master of teh wiggins" Drew, that upper pipe was a PITA, I'd rather pull the trans and put it back in again :p. But that car is in a new level for DSMs and an inspiration, maybe that's what I'll do with my FWD shell sitting out there...come after you. HAHA, But anytime you need help or around SoCal, drop by or let me know.

Haha, Sam!

Basically we somehow managed to have to pull a gearbox off the night between the practice and race, is this a habit or what? At least it was a clutch this time, not a gearbox! Sam busted it out until wee hours of the morning, while I was in the truck trying to catch up on sleep so bret could sleep on the car ride back. We went straight back to unload and then raced it!

Yah Bret Collmer, and he was the freaking man pretty much, he busted ass crazy for the 2 wks prior to the race. He made the magic happen to be sure. He did a lot of exceptional work on the car including making a miata hard top go onto a DSM!

When I first got the wiggins clamps, I thought I was going to stab someone in the face when I tried to put them on. I sat there for one entire day clamping and unclamping them until I had it down. Just took some getting used to.

I think you should definately build up your FWD shell! Make that thing haul major ass :hellyeah:

Congrats Drew, but you know... Silver is the fastest colour. *ahem*

:p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back