The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Coolant system help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMiller

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Irmo, South_Carolina
Over the past week my car has been pouring coolant out after i drive it, Well today when i got back from a drive i popped the hood to find my previously empty overflow tank filled and bubbling/boiling. So i pulled the cap off the overflow tank and pulled the hose all the way out and it was blowing out burning hot AIR, and the coolant sat still with the hose out no bubbling/boiling. My temp gauge never goes past the middle, so i don't think its overheating. The only thing ive done differently to the car is install a new FMIC from punishment racing. Also every morning when i go to my car the overflow tank is empty and so is the area under the radiator cap, and it takes about 1/3 of a gallon to fill it back up. Help please i need my car to work for 4 more weeks till graduation. Thanks.

Last edited:
you have to run a thermostat, and if ## coolant is bubbling that usually means a cracked water jacket, the bubbling is just compression leaking into ## coolant i would try a coolant pressure test to look for leaks, if ## car doesnt over heat its not that ## thermostat is sticking or bad, remove it and check for cracks if it fine then the problem is not there, also try checking your hoses or see if your bleed valve is open

Checked the thermostat and it is good, and found the leak on the radiator, water pump is also working. I have narrowed it down to the radiator cap and or the coolant fan not turning on properly. I can make the fan turn on with a jumper wire and the fuse is good also.

Nope, i bought a new radiator with fans and a shroud, left the thermostat out and connected both fans to the ac fan wire and pulled the ac compressor relay so i can turn the fans on or off with the ac switch in the car. I still think i need a radiator cap though, but haven't had any leaks since i got the new set up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back