The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Convertible 1990 Talon TSi AWD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I would want documentation on that before I fork over $6800 on what kinda looks like a hack job. That top has to go I would rather that 1g eclipse convertible that was built and worked like the 3000gt spyder.

Just hope the body itself was stiffened, being an unibody type, to keep from all that flexing due to the loss of the top.

Otherwise, looks quite genuine and do agree - see documentation, do a test drive to check out the conversion and what else has been described in the CL post.

So does he have one of the 2 or not? Never heard of the Fittipaldi, very cool! I wish they would have made something like that with the 2gb Talon or Eclipse!

If I had one of these spyders, I'd never sell them. That being said, makes me question the legality of it being one of the original 2. Very very cool, but I'd bet its a clone. Definitely check documents as been said.

I don't know what it is, but there's just something about the CL ad pics and the detroit show pic that doesn't match. Could be wrong, but that's my feeling.

It's counter part Laser.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

There were only two made.

Where do you get your info there are two?

That isn't a laser. It's a 1990 gs turbo with talon tailights. I think that one is someone's creation, not an ex show car.

only if i have the money..............i would love to won a part of history. \\6k miles damn

Where do you get your info there are two?

That isn't a laser. It's a 1990 gs turbo with talon tailights. I think that one is someone's creation, not an ex show car.

That's the car that Mitsubishi has in their possession. It's at every MOD in Normal. Every Year. You can see the millionth eclipse next to it in the picture.

I just caught it, what kind of repost is a link to this same post??? :aha::aha::aha:

One of the mods must have merged the two threads. Post #10 used to be the first post of the repost thread.

I wonder what kind of structural bracing they added for those targa top versions. Is there a weight difference between the EU targas and US DSMs?

I'm kinda surprised Chrysler let it go and didn't keep this one in their warehouse along with the Laser convertible.

I'm surprised they let it go at all. I always thought they destroyed prototypes for liability reasons. ??

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back