The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Completely Stock knocking

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newdsmtnr96

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 16, 2005
Des Moines, Iowa
I did a full tune up, fixed the over-boosting, Fixed the water leaks on the car I just bought, Bought a wheel hub instead of bearing, I can't figure out this knock problem. I researched and that's how I figured the over boost and the leaks and the plug gaps for tune up. I want to mention that this car is completely stock other then intake and exhaust. I did mess with the Biss screw on throttle body it doesn't knock super hard at 1000 rpms at idle. But if I lower it just a little it knocks like every once and a while. This may be a dumb example but Best way I can show you. (if I had a camcorder I would use it)

idles fine..... Knock....fine..... Fine fine... For a while knock knock

what is your normal idle?

Note: I found knock threads but they all have modifications i have 2 mod's.

Im going to assume that he is hearing it. What else would he want to camcord for us. If you can hear a knock you probably have a serious issue.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back