The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Clutch won't disengage with ACT flywheel

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

94Talon2

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 1, 2002
Edm, Alberta_Canada
I got my turbo tranny swap done today, and clutch won't disengage with the ACT flywheel. The shop working on it said this is a problem they've seen before, and they need to do something with the master cylinder to make it work. Anyone else have this problem?

I ran into this problem just recently after installing my TRE race tranny along w/ a new 2900act w/ street/strip disc and act streetlite flywheel. Got it all put together and had no real pedal pressure, no matter how much we bled it. And clutch would'nt disengage. Took it off and shimmed the pivot ball w/ (2) 1.0mm washers and works great now.

I'm not sure exaclly what the guys did but they took out the master cylinder, and had to weld something. It took them 3 hours to do this, I don't have any free play on the clutch now. Do you need free play?

whats your definition of freeplay? The clutch isn't supposed to disengage right away ... mine starts to disengage about 1 inch pushed in. If you define freeplay as no pedal pressure at the top of travel then I also have none and I'm wondering the same thing as you.

they welded the pedal asembly, to make it work.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have the clutch is broken-in, and everything seems to work fine, but I still don't have any free play in the clutch pedal. Is this OK?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back