1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

General Ceddymods

Posted by Mattjaye2198, May 21, 2019

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. Mattjaye2198

Mattjaye2198 Proven Member

Joined Jul 26, 2015
    Louisville, Tennessee
    I’m trying to buy CeddyMods but don’t know how to contact him. I can’t find the information on ceddy.us and before going thru with buying it from the store I just want to have contact with him first. I searched here but wasn’t able to find anything recent. My search keywords were “contact ceddymods” with the search titles only unselected. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Street Build 544  7

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. too_genecide

too_genecide Proven Member

Joined Jan 26, 2013
    yuma, Arizona
    I paid through the website and hot an email from him with the rooms attached.

Street Build 945  5

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM
  3. Tiki2777

Tiki2777 Proven Member

Joined Oct 9, 2011
    Omaha, Nebraska
    You will not be able to contact Ceddy, for the simple reason he does not want the contact anymore. You'll get the ROMs as noted, and please do purchase the set from him, he did a considerable amount of work for pennies

Street Build 2K  1

awd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 2K  1

awd · manual · 2G DSM

833  0

manual · 2G DSM
  4. Mattjaye2198

Joined Jul 26, 2015
    Louisville, Tennessee
    Thanks guys, I’ll definitely buy from him I just wanted to make sure he was still in business. I’ll update this thread as soon as I receive the files that way if anyone like myself wants to buy them will have a reference point to see if they’re still available.

Street Build 544  7

awd · manual · 2G DSM
  5. Tiki2777

Tiki2777 Proven Member

Joined Oct 9, 2011
    Omaha, Nebraska
    If for some reason you have issues, PM me.

If you haven't already done so, read ALL of his website walkthroughs, and some of the trials and tribulations listed in the ECUflash posts on DSMtuners. It isn't rocket science, it just takes some diag, common sense, and a basic understanding of software/setup

Street Build 2K  1

awd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 2K  1

awd · manual · 2G DSM

833  0

manual · 2G DSM
    Mattjaye2198 likes this.
  6. stillrunning

stillrunning Proven Member

Joined Oct 10, 2013
    brandon, Florida
    When I bought from his site, no actual contact, I was automatically emailed the files.
    Really hard to argue with what you get for $30, that's not even the cost of one tank of gas.

Street Build 331  3

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
    Mattjaye2198 likes this.
  7. Mattjaye2198

Joined Jul 26, 2015
    Louisville, Tennessee
    I totally agree that $30 is an amazing deal! I’m going to do everything I can to make sure I’m safe as possible and not blow my engine up. It should be interesting to say the least

Street Build 544  7

awd · manual · 2G DSM
  8. Tiki2777

Tiki2777 Proven Member

Joined Oct 9, 2011
    Omaha, Nebraska
    The stock tunes are so trash, so rich. it's arguable to some mechEs that its detrimental to our engines as-is. The Big-Maps extra resolution is very nice for tuning and overall driveability. just follow the general tuning guides and you should be ok, evoscan is a must as a diagnostic tool and datalogger, otherwise you are tuning BLIND

Street Build 2K  1

awd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 2K  1

awd · manual · 2G DSM

833  0

manual · 2G DSM
  9. Mattjaye2198

Joined Jul 26, 2015
    Louisville, Tennessee
    That’s what I’ve been reading is Evoscan being a must have. I’m going to try to find a SD for cheap or just get a stock 2g mar so I can get rid of the gym mag translator. A couple people on here have said that they would recommend getting rid of it. I’m really hoping tuning the black box will help me get more performance than the safc-2 and the maf translator I’ve got now. Currently I’ve got it parked until I can tune it so I don’t hurt the engine

Street Build 544  7

awd · manual · 2G DSM
  10. Mattjaye2198

Joined Jul 26, 2015
    Louisville, Tennessee
    Yay I just bought a Tactrix cable and another black box ECU and a 2g Maf so I can get rid of my MAF translator. As soon as they get here I’m buying Ceddymods and start learning some tuning. I’ve got my fuel pressure regulator now I need a wideband instead of my EGT gauge and stock O2 sensor. Then I think I’ll be ready to get started. I may be forgetting something if anyone knows what else I’ll need I will gladly take some guidance

Street Build 544  7

awd · manual · 2G DSM
  11. Mattjaye2198

Joined Jul 26, 2015
    Louisville, Tennessee
    Alright it’s time for an update on my road to tuning. I just received my Tactrix Openport 2.0 and a spare black box ECU. I’m fixing to buy Ceddymods today and buying Evoscan. I’m definitely excited and also ready to research all the information I can before I even begin to mess with the tuning. I just had to update

Street Build 544  7

awd · manual · 2G DSM
  12. Mauispyder

Mauispyder Supporting Member

Joined Jan 20, 2015
    Kula, Hawaii
    Please keep updating, the Black box crowd loves any data we can get

1K  2

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
    Mattjaye2198 likes this.
  13. Mattjaye2198

Joined Jul 26, 2015
    Louisville, Tennessee
    Alright so far I’m not scared of the software I’m reading about but I’m definitely confused about if I’m able to use just the Openport 2.0 cable for Reflashing or do I need to buy the $10 Mitsubishi Cable on The Evoscan site?

Street Build 544  7

awd · manual · 2G DSM
  14. Mauispyder

Mauispyder Supporting Member

Joined Jan 20, 2015
    Kula, Hawaii
    My understanding was the 2.0 is good for flashing and evoscan. But I haven’t flashed before.

1K  2

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  15. Mattjaye2198

Joined Jul 26, 2015
    Louisville, Tennessee
    That’s what I thought but I wanted to get a second opinion. I’m going to get the alternator later this week and hope to start doing some tuning in 10-14 days. I’m going to cram study like I’ve got a final exam coming up I’ll update on here and vlog it as well.

Street Build 544  7

awd · manual · 2G DSM
    Mauispyder likes this.
  16. stillrunning

stillrunning Proven Member

Joined Oct 10, 2013
    brandon, Florida
    You need the mitsu flash plug, on my 97 I had to add a pin to the ecu plug which then plugs into the tactrix adapter with the headphone plug but seeing that you have a 98 you should have a 2nd plug by the obd2 plug.
    The Tactrix will give you OBD2 access for logging but for flashing you also need the other plug with one wire and a headphone style adapter on the other end.

Street Build 331  3

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
    Mattjaye2198 likes this.
  17. Mattjaye2198

Joined Jul 26, 2015
    Louisville, Tennessee
    That’s what I was reading earlier that made me think that was needed. I’ll go ahead and order it so I’ll get it sometime this week.

Street Build 544  7

awd · manual · 2G DSM