The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Car stumbling and not wanting to go

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosted DSM 32

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 21, 2011
McDonald, Ohio
My friend just got a 97 Gst with an evo III 16g and when he's in boost its blowing oil like hell the oil feed and everything is tight and secure there's no shaft play in the turbo so I thinking maybe the seals are bad in it, and when hes in boost the car doesn't want to go anywhere? It'll be at 12 psi and the car just barely accelerates any idea of what it is? It's like there's no timing at all or anything

What do you mean its blowing oil like hell, does it blows oil to the motor (all over the place) or it smokes.
About not wanting to go anywhere when boosting, Do a boost leak down test, You might have a really bad coupler or loose coupler that once you boost, it releases all the boost and will not go any where, doing a boost leak down test will tell you what's going on.

My 14b gave a shit out of me, it had to much play and end up not boosting, It never blow any smoke though.

Also give us more details, does it has the balance shaft removed?, how much oil pressure it has, any restriction to the turbo line, is it feed it from the head or oil filter housing, just give us more information which we can't see your friend's profile.

What both these guys said above, it also sounds like it could be as simple as a boost leak. I would check the timing and go from there...

It's oil feed is from the head it does have a fmic on it ill have him do a boost leak test and compression test and see how that goes.. And how could you check the timing without logging software? And about the oil I think the turbo is shot or there's a hole in the return line because its blowing really bad

It's oil feed is from the head it does have a fmic on it ill have him do a boost leak test and compression test and see how that goes.. And how could you check the timing without logging software? And about the oil I think the turbo is shot or there's a hole in the return line because its blowing really bad

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back