The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Car is stuck in limp mode

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NIGHTSTALKER

Probationary Member
Oct 4, 2004
Houston, Texas
My car is stuck in 3rd gear i did a diagnostc check and got code 83. which means there is a short somewhere. i tried looking for it but everything is fine my solonoids are fine tcu is good. but still stuck in 3rd. if anybody can help i will appricated. thanks. :dsm:

finally got it fix. it so happends that the connector to the soloniods got crossed with another connecter of the same type. so i switched the connectors around and viola! fixed the problem. i also installed a shift kit and now it even better. thanks to IPT and staff. :thumb:

Is there any way you can describe where these connectors are? I was looking for like an hour tonight I found 1 12 pin 1 10 pin and a 4 pin under my UICP under my mas were three plugs a round a triangle and a square. Couldnt find any plugs that could be interchanged. Granted there is stuff in the way now but since I just changed the tranny It might be one I cant see right now! Thanks P

if you check in the back of the connectors match the wiring color. thats the way i found out that it was in the wrong connector. ;)

I need to retrieve the TCU codes in my 92 tsi A/T fwd. I'm in limp mode in 2nd or maybe 3rd gear, i'm not sure.

where can I get the codes for the tcu??? Is there any charts out there describing the code numbers and parts associated with it??
:talon: :talon: :talon: :talon: :talon: :talon:

Charles
Hope you can pull them mine didnt go so well but it needs scanned now.

The f4a22 uses an orange and a yellow wire on the shift solenoids. When you put trans in first you will have voltage on both wires to both solenoids. This puts trans in first. When yo shift to second, one wire drops voltage. If memory serves, it's the orange that goes and that leaves you with voltage on yellow which is second. When you go to third, you drop voltages on both. That's limp in mode. Also, the pulse generators use the exact same connector as the shift solenoids and sometimes when you are hooked up wrong, it looks better than when right. Check your schematics for the wire colors for both. If these voltages are not present, the trans will not shift. Also, check fuses and the signal from your shifter to the tcu. Voltages have to be present. I have some schematics that perhaps can help. I'm in the process of repairing one of these little 22's myself and will post my finding when I get it done if I ever get around to it. roundtuit? I hope this helps.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back