The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Cant connect to dsmlink

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chavez408

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 13, 2003
Bay Area, California
for some reason every time I try to use my dsmlink this error comes up. Failed:java.lang.noclass.defFoundError:java/comm/c ommportIdentifier
I am running windows vista, with a keyspan adapter. Anyone got an idea on what the message means? I think its my adapter.

I've been using a Keyspan adapter with a Macbook Pro with no issues, but I have a few ideas.

1. Make sure your drivers are up to date

2.Under edit, go to options, then config. Try changing the comm port you're connecting to. With my dad's IBM sometimes it selects the wrong port by default and you have to switch it back.

Update the thread with your results, good luck!

ok a few questions, do I need to change the settings with the cable connected to my car or can I do it with just the laptop and opening the program?

1. I tried it, and it wont even let me click on anything. When I run it under administrator.

2. I tried again and this time without under administator, but I do not have the option to change the comp port. I think I need to have the cable connected to the car with the adapter. Im in class right now with my laptop.

Wait, when are you getting this error message? I was under the impression it would pop up when you would try to connect to ECU, as happened to me. If that isn't the case, I'm not sure I can help you. However, if that is the case, then yes, you'd need to have the cable hooked up in order to see if changing the comm port or drivers helped.

Oh no, I can connect. But I can't move around to anywhere.

Haha thanks! The thread is already posted in there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back