The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Can I boost more?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hugolm10

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 26, 2009
Salinas, California
Ok so right now I boost 21 lbs to be on the safe side. My ? Is can I boost more and still be safe taking in mind all my mods? I would like to do this Still running on 91 octane.what would be the most I can boost !?

I think your kind of limited to what the keydiver is set up for. If you had a real tuning solution you could push the limits of your turbo/engine. You really need a wideband o2.

You deffinately don't want to be running that much boost with only 91 octane especially seeing that you're bored 20 over. With that kind of compression you're taking the chance of having the engine knock. The best thing to do would be to run a higher octane before bumping up the boost, 93 octane would be a minimum.

Like others have stated your Chip is tuned for a certain tune/psi..If you go over that you might run into problems..I would invest in a wideband and dsmlink if you want to boost more that 21 psi..

Yea I know I'm pretty much maxing out my chip... I just got a wideband from a fellow Dsm tuner today.. And then after that Dsmlink v3 is next... A good tune n I'll go from there...thanx for the input

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back