The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Bullseye Turbine Housing vs. PTE

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gas_man

Probationary Member
Jun 16, 2004
Indiana, Pennsylvania
I'm upgrading to a T3/T4. I originally bought a tubular manifold but i decided against using it just incase it cracks and I have to take everything apart a few times. I'm going to be using my stock 1g ex. mani for a while until i can afford either a 2g or a slowboy. My question pertains as to what turbine housing I should buy. I really like the bullseye power turbine housing w/ 38mm flapper. They have great customer service and the price is good. While searching ebay I found an old, new PTE turbine housing w/ an A/R .49 that allows you to bolt in a any Stg 3 garrett turbine wheel. The only problem I see using this is that PTE removed the divider between the wastegate and exhaust exists so its one big hole instead of one small ( wastegate) and one big (exhaust exit). The only thing that really makes me consider the PTE is that the price as of now is much lower. Which would you choose for a good street/strip car?

I 'm pretty much in the same boat. I was thinking about a full garrett kit but decided to go bolt on for better or for worse..

Anyway, from what I 've gathered looks like the B-E housing is superior to PTE. The B-E is based on garrett design (symmetrical with somewhat better exhaust flow to the wastegate in case of internal) whereas PTE is pretty much Mitsu (assymetrical). If you 're looking for the 'bang for the buck' a used PTE off of e-bay may be your answer.

gasman - it may be easier for you to sell your full garrett the way it is and then go buy the bol on hosing...

the housing new from pte are 220ish so it depends on how much you paid for your garrett

I have an AGP RS 49 with the Bullseye Power turbine housing. I have an external gate mounted on the 02 housing so I cannot comment on internal gates. I do know that you don't have to dent the water pipe to mount a turbo with a TO4E compressor housing. On the other hand, its a little on the heavy side (tubular manifolds watchout).

Well I got the turbo for a good price so it would be pretty much the same price for me to sell my current turbo and buy a 100% bolt on turbo or just purchase theBulls-eye housing. I already put the turbonetics housing that came w/the turbo on ebay so my descion is already made to just go with just a housing. I'm 99% sure I'll choose the Bulls-eye housing w/the internal gate because of the design and customer service. Glad to hear that there's no need to dent the water pipe.

Bullseye Housing is real nice. I'll be running one on my new 50trim. And cost is reasonable.

i have a pte housing (SCM50) internally gated. I have 0 boost creep, ive never run less than 18psi on the turbo, but otherwise 0 problems, IMO its a nice housing. Besides i dunno why youd wanna run less on the turbo than 18psi.

I have the bullseye housing. I cant get my boost lower than 1.3-1.4bar (19-21psi I think). Not a big deal though since I have the supporting mods for it.

-Dallas J

If you have an adjustable actuator, just lengthen the rod to lower your boost.

Been there, done that... If I do that then the wg gets blown open and boost builds really slow to a lower boost. I would rather have a little boost spike than slow boost.

Also Ive pulled the o2 housing off and ported it 3 different times. It went from hitting 1.5-1.6bar down to the 1.3-1.4bar that its at now, but I still have it set so it hits about 1.2bar and creeps up a little. 1.5bar is where it hits solidly and stays like my old B16g did.

-Dallas J

Just throwing out suggestions since we have customers running 12-15 psi. Be sure your boost reference isn't "tee'd" in with your BOV or FPR. A clean reference should be taken from the TB or intake manifold. What boost controller do you have? Have you tried running without one?

I have a Bullseye Power Housing with an HX35 and have have ran as low as 10 psi before on the internal gate.

And have as high as 30 and have never had any problems.

thanks ... I was looking at their site and they show both t3 inlet and t4 inlet housings ... but to me they look the same. Does anyone have dimensions for both so I can figure out which inlet I need? Are they both the same flange???

The T-3 is the more commonly used flange, it takes on a more rectangular pattern. Its also the same dimensions as the 10cm or Super 20g turbine housing. The T-4 is more of a square inlet, like that of an HKS manifold for the DSM (i.e. Sean Glazar).

ok cool. I suppose I have a t3 then. Do you have any dimensions that would help me double check? Also these housings will work on a pte sc61 turbo correct? Thanks for all the help :thumb:

Did you change your manifold? If not, then you'll need the Mitsubishi inlet. Do you know which turbine wheel you have? We only carry the Stage 1, 3, T-351 and Stage 5/P-trim.

T-3 is 3.375" x 1.75"
T-4 is 3.25" x 2.75"

This is center of bolt hole to center of bolt hole.

1029TSG said:
Just throwing out suggestions since we have customers running 12-15 psi. Be sure your boost reference isn't "tee'd" in with your BOV or FPR. A clean reference should be taken from the TB or intake manifold. What boost controller do you have? Have you tried running without one?

I think my MBC is tapped from the BOV. Ive been meaning to move to the TB though. Im running the Joe-P boost controller. It worked great with the 16g, and I just did the swap right over to the other.

After I finish the batt relocation(this weekend) Ill go out and play with it a bit to see if I can get it to about 1.2 bar.

Ive been wondering how others are getting there bullseye housings to run such low boost. What are youre prefered meathod of adjusting the wg arm? AGP said to preload it 1-2 turns.

-Dallas J

I would move it over the TB and bypass your MBC all togther until you can set your base boost. Every set up is different, usually 1-2 turns will do it. Once your base boost (lowest) is set then put your MBC back in the loop and bleed off your reference to raise the boost.

yes I do have an aftermarket manifold ... that is the flange I'm trying to base my turbine housing purchase off of. The turbo is a pte sc61 ... I can't find their website so I can't find any more specs on it. Did precision get a new web site?

The T350 wheel is what Turbonetics calls a Stage V. That's their nomenclature, so you won't find it on the Precision website :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back