The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

brakes went from wet cardboard to getting thrown thru the window.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3kgt2nv

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 7, 2011
poughkeepsie, New_York
so i have a 90 car with garbage calipers on it. I replaced the calipers and rebuilt a set of 3000gt Non turbo calipers and installed a set of slotted rotors with a set of pads. The brakes were still kind of blah so i decided to also upgrade the master. I used a 3g master which is larger that the 1g or 2g option and it doesnt require hoses for a remote mounted fluid canister.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The braking now is amazing. It took a bit to get used to the brakes ability to stop the car.

All the info is available in the tech articles for this but i have to say that it is totally worth the money for anyone with the smaller front calipers to do this swap.

Last edited by a moderator:
sure would. the problem with just the caliper swap is that the master cant push the amount of fluid they need. By doing both even with regular rotors and the pads the increase in braking is amazing. I also had a car with no abs so im not sure if an abs car would act the same.

sure would. the problem with just the caliper swap is that the master cant push the amount of fluid they need. By doing both even with regular rotors and the pads the increase in braking is amazing. I also had a car with no abs so im not sure if an abs car would act the same.

Mine is non abs as it sits..Really havnt had a problem with the brakes locking at all..Except being on like snow and doing a controlled lock of the brakes.LOL

Interesting swap you made here!!

everything in this swap is a direct fit. the only thing i had to do is slightly bend one of the brake lines that connect to the master because of the different locations of one of the lines. other than that no thing needed to be chopped or cut.

I understand what you are saying, when I did mine (T-Bird) I went to an SVO master.. same thing happened.
My stock master had a 7/8 dia piston, the SVO has 1 1/8 piston.

I can feel the brakes start to grab before the brake lights come on.

for which the master or the calipers. both of them are in the brake tech articles already. Only thing i did different was use the 3g master with the attached res. instead of the separate unit.

Well yeah..But even ANOTHER of the same..It would get all the info together..And if needed, could all just be merged.Its a great subject to have alot of "stock" upgrades to choose from.

i have over 1000 pics of everything i did on my car. i could definitly do another write up on them.

did you swap the booster too? i've been running one in my DD, and i also put one in my other 1g as well! i kept the factory booster though. im curious if i should upgrade that as well.

I kept the stock booster, there is a write up for the 3g booster though. Only thing is you have to dent the strut tower to get it to fit and i didnt want to do that if i didnt have to.

i'm pretty sure the 3kgt 2 pot brakes are the same as the 2g gsx brakes. why did you go with 3kgt over 2g gsx?

Just wanted to say I like the title. Hahaha. Those rotors really fill the space, looks good.

i'm pretty sure the 3kgt 2 pot brakes are the same as the 2g gsx brakes. why did you go with 3kgt over 2g gsx?

Because the calipers he used have the brake line that screws directly into the caliper body itself. Which is direct bolt on for the 1g. 95 and up mitsu models including the galant and diamante use the banjo bolt style feed. 94 and older all have the direct screw in line. All n/t 3kgt, stealth, galant and diamante, 93-94 AWD 1g and 95-99 AWD 2g have the same 2piston caliper and brackets. Its just the difference in brake line fittings on them depending on the year.

One of the best bang for the buck upgrades you can do on a budget! I stopped my car from 156mph in the 1/4 on the same system. My car was still kind of heavy at that point, 2850 ish with me in it.

I seriously need to do this, I did the dual piston upgrade and the pedal travel before it grabs sucks. Did you have to drain the brake lines before swapping the cylinders? The tech article is a little vague

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back