The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Boosted Fabrication Front Bumper Supports

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh408

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 29, 2011
Fairfield, California
What's up everyone, so I've tried googling and using a bunch of different key words to find this product, I know I've seen it somewhere here before it's a mounting bracket that mounts under the headlights , the bumper goes over it and it closes the gap between the headlight and bumper. Can someone point me in the right direction please.

https://www.mitsubishipartswarehous...ine/body-cat/bumper-and-components-front-scat

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
#10 supports the bumper cover. It's often removed when installing a front mount.
#3 holds the bumper cover to #10. These parts are interchangeable between all 2gs.
If you're referring to an aftermarket parts that replaces these, yet accommodates a front mount, to my knowledge, all of those are custom made.
Hope that helps.

Are you talking about these?

Boosted Fabrication makes them.

^^^what are those called? Do they serve a purpose other than aesthetic? I wonder if they'd work on my car.
I always knew my front end was a little tweaked, but never realized how.much until I installed my cf hood. I had to get creative with some washers.
I think the OP is referring to #3 in the diagram, though I know for a fact that when I removed #3 and 4 I never reinstalled them and there was no difference. They never closed the gap. There is always a small gap at the bottom and inner portion of the headlights. You can put washers under the bumper cover to raise it up a bit if you want.

I talked to a girl at the Shootout this year who had a set in her trunk. She said they're no longer made. I took a couple pictures so I can maybe fabricate my own set one day.

I talked to a girl at the Shootout this year who had a set in her trunk. She said they're no longer made. I took a couple pictures so I can maybe fabricate my own set one day.

I talked to the fabricator. he will be making another batch next week

Just an update. I got my set today. The guy at boosted fab and I had some communication problems (I got rid of my Facebook and he couldn't get a hold of me) but activated my messenger and finally got a hold of him luckily he had a few sets and sent me one. $80 shipped. Here they are. they'll need to be powder coated but that's fine. Hopefully they workout.

Attachments

• 20171013_150252.jpg
    20171013_150252.jpg
    546.4 KB · Views: 297
Too bad they're not making them anymore I would like a set also

I was able to message him directly on Facebook and he is making another batch of them and will be selling them shortly. Keep an eye on the website and try to snag a pair. I am like most people on here and hate the small gap between the headlight and the bumper.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back