The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Blower motor not working... [heater speed control resistor]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike1992

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 19, 2003
Springfield, Missouri
Motor and tranny are in my old parts car, AKA my new daily driver. I converted the 90 talon to all 91 wiring along with 91 engine wiring. Well its cold/rainy and I finally decide to take it out for a good 20 min drive (NO plate/tags/insurance cant go far) Took me a good 5 mins to figure out how to get the windshield wipers workin LOL, So then the windows start foggin up since its 35 degree's outside. I go to turn the heat on and i get nothing No air comes out until I turn it to the last dial (full blast) can someone explain to me if something isnt hooked up its chilly and i wanna go drive, and i cant see through the fogged up window.

I let it sit warming up for 30 mins and I got no heat either just cold air coming through the vents

Ok took some of my dash apart to find the AC/HEATER cable came off, also the recirculate cable was loose so that ones fixed to. I got heat again!!!! Ok now wheres the selector cable at for switching feet/defromt/middle is that on the driver side?

Why dont i get any air coming out the vents until i turn it to full blast? Maybe the electronic connector in back isnt plugged in or its bad?

Ok I'm experiencing a similar problem talked about in the above posts. But I do need some clarification on how the the blower wiring is. I know the 10amp fuse in the drivers side kick panel feeds the 30 amp fuse, I've checked every fuse in the fuse panel and checked for continuity.......no fuse has power in the panel and all connectors are hooked up. Its a little confusing Im not very good with reading wiring diagrams, so I'm wondering if some one can give me a walk through.

Nevermind I think I found my problem.
I know it's been forever but what was your fix that you found? I've got the same issue.

Wow this has been a long time since I posted this . But yes I did find the problem it turn out it was a hair line crack in the fuse . you could not see it unless you flexed it . I would first open the the blower and pull the plug out and hook it up with a jumper to a drill battery to see if it does turn on . bypassing the fuse link .

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back