The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Blaze Blue

Year
Model/Trim
Eagle Talon TSi AWD

TalonSway

Proven Member
Jan 8, 2013
Dassel, Minnesota
Blue Blaze was the member that built this car. It ran out in colorado and from my understanding was one badass ride. I drove 11hrs to illinois to pick this up and bring it back to Minnesota. I have had the car for about a month. Spent some time stripping it down (not much to strip) and getting an idea in my head of a plan of attack.

The chassis is in a perfect place to start. Alot of the fab work has been done. My understanding is for it to cert 8.5 NHRA i need to add lateral bars. There is a ton of work i want to do, every day i think of things i want to do. I have told myself i want to get it done for next year.

Parts i have collected:

- kelford 288 cams with fidanza gears
- curtbrown 2g race head modified for 6 bolt block
- stock 6 bolt long block
-JMF drag intake
-K-tuned throttle body
-6 bolt girdle
-ARP main studs
-Front Line Fab Oil pump
-PPG dog box
-Boostin Transfer case

There are alot of unknowns and one of them is the turbo. Unfortunately funds are low after recently buying the dog box setup. It needed to be done tho and am excited to get it in the mail. Currently waiting on my chromoly order so i can add later bars, position the seat/Wheel, and tube the front end. For the next month or two its back to cheap lunches and strictly working on it no more buying.

Blue talon.jpeg

Cage Shot 1.jpeg

cage shot 2.jpeg

cage shot 3.jpeg

Day after 24 Hr drive.jpeg

engine bay.jpeg

TalonSway

Proven Member
Jan 8, 2013
Dassel, Minnesota
I measured the main and rod journals which all checked out. I positioned the crank back in the block while i did some polishing.

Crank Polishing Before.jpeg

This is one of the rod journals i got done. I plan on remeasuring everything once polished to see where its at. Need to order some block fill so i can get it sent to machinist.

Rod Journal 1.jpeg

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Feal Suspension Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com OHM Racing Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing SouthBay Fuel Injectors STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds