The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Blacked out 1gb headlights

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelco

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 9, 2005
Ashtabula, Ohio
I'm in the process of changing my front bumper on my '92 Talon and along with the bumper I'm replacing my headlights too. My old ones are scuffed up pretty bad, so I got some used ones off of ebay that are in pretty good shape. I'm gonna clean them up a little to get rid of the yellowing, but I was wondering if anybody has ever taken the silver paint on the bottom of the lens off and painted them black. I'm painting my hood black and I thought it might look kinda cool. The silver on the bottom of the lens is on the outside and doesn't require the headlight to be taken apart at all. If anybody has ever done this, I'd really like to see some pictures. Here's a pic of a Talon I made to show what I mean.

Attachments

• black1gb.JPG
    black1gb.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 409
I guess my lights are too fogged up for me to even notice that line down there. Or yours are different then mine ROFL

In the picture where its blacked out, almost looks like overspray on it. Would look better with the whole light blacked out

Mine are fogged up too, that's why I'm cleaning them. See this thread-
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58328 . The picture is a quick photoshop that I made. Here's some pics of the lights off the car. Notice the underside is just silver paint on the outside of the lens that makes it so the body color doesn't show through when attached to the car. The paint's also chipped in a spot. The other is another photoshop, NOT the real thing. What do you guys think? Cool or not? Remember, the car's red and will have a black hood.

Attachments

• 100_7526.JPG
    100_7526.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 354
  • black1.JPG
    black1.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 343
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back