The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

1G BISS screw broken?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

U8NTRDY

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 12, 2010
philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Sup guys,
For quite some time now I've been trying to get my car idling properly. Long story short, i've eliminated all boost leaks, and replaced the PCV, and ISC Motor. By doing these things they have helped greatly as the idle no longer surges but is still very high (around 2k at full operating temp). I believe the trottle plate is closing properly but tomorrow I will be checking to be sure. Here is my question:

I've tried adjusting the BISS screw and it for some reason does nothing at all.. Any thoughts on this??

Any input on this or tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm pulling my hair out over this! :confused:

Thanks in advance

Sounds to me like the throttle plate is not closed all the way. Your throttle cable could be adusted to tight explaining why your car idle's so high when warmed up because heat makes the cables expand making the throttle plate open more. Check your idle switch also could be adjusted to far down and then check your throttle cable adjustements.

Ok, Thanks for all the input thus far!
Here's the latest:
I checked the throttle plate and cable and they were both fine. I also checked the TPS which was also good and showed a voltage sweep of .43volts to 5volts. Turned out the issue was with the fuel. The pressure was far too high, and there was too much injector dead time. I re-adjusted the pressure and pulled some dead time and now it idles like a champ. The only problem is that there is still a major lean condition at idle (was happening before I messed with the fuel also) that for the life of me I can't figure out. Other than me having missed a leak somewhere is there something else I should be looking into??

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back