The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

big 16G V.S 14B

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You are hitting full boost at 4000 RPM with a big 16g? Definetly there is something wrong man. Bypass your MBC and see if that helps, check if your flapper is not off centered (this happend to me when I got a jDM engine and the turbo spooled lower). Another problem was my MBC which made the lag inbetween shifts horrible, my 14B would hit full boost at 3000 RPM in the intial gear, but if I upshifted fast and punched it, it took forever to get full boost.

Ultimatedsm said:
You are hitting full boost at 4000 RPM with a big 16g? Definetly there is something wrong man. Bypass your MBC and see if that helps, check if your flapper is not off centered (this happend to me when I got a jDM engine and the turbo spooled lower). Another problem was my MBC which made the lag inbetween shifts horrible, my 14B would hit full boost at 3000 RPM in the intial gear, but if I upshifted fast and punched it, it took forever to get full boost.

You are responding to the old part of this thread, from 2 years ago:p

A 14b will be fine with your stock torque converter. It will continue to drive like stock. A 14b won't be a noticeable increase in lag, you probably won't even notice a difference. If you do, check all your hoses etc for a boost leak.

Next time ask the question you want answered, not something vague and open ended.

my fault fellas. thanks for the input should be installing in here in about 2weeks once i get passed this military national guard drill this weekend and get some free time...

Billios996 said:
Baby step upgrade. You should be OK with the stock tuning and intercooler, but don't push it without the basic tuning upgrades.
You need a 16g style install kit. All the vendors have them, ~$200.

just an update since i got some help from this thread. havent been to the track as of yet. hopefully with in the next week i can make it. i need to get another safc since the one i bought used was ####ed, data logger is sitting in glove box though but im still learning how to use that, ha.

ported 14b
ported 2g manifold
ported 2g o2housing
evo8 rewired pump
550s injectors

once i get the safc i'll be tuning .. now i kno why ppl hate running rich. heh:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back