The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Too big for stock converter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5150DSM

Supporting VIP
Jan 5, 2004
Sacramento, California
I recently purchased the DSMGreen XL from FP. Forced Performance Turbochargers: DSM Green XL

I have one major concern... Is there any chance I'll be able to spool this thing on the stock converter? Previously, I ran a knock-off E316G and could brake boost to 3K+ and 20psi no problem. That being said, the new green is no 16G as far as spool times. I don't expect to see full boost before 4-4.2K and doubt I'll make much below 2.5K.

As far as I understand the stock converter, If I'm not making boost by 2K, I won't be able to get the rpms to rise and I'll be stuck at the line holding my d1ck. The few dyno sheets I've seen for the Green XL (or 76HTA) show boost coming on at about 5psi at 2K; unfortunately, I don't know what the set-up's were. Is that little bit of boost enough to spin me up on the converter?

The set-up is a 2.0 6-bolt at 8.8:1(est), mildly ported Hyundai head, stock 2G intake mani, BC 272's, FP race mani, E3 O2, 3" turbo back w/3" hi-flow cat.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back