The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Stock converter vs high stall converter

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChristianEclipseAuto

5+ Year Contributor
Apr 6, 2018
Roskilde, Europe
Hey guys.
I am trying til build a Stock looking Eclipse and hiting 12-13 second in 1/4 with big t28 setup, performance smic(custommade) fuelpump walbro 255, 550 injectors, ect. All maintaince is done and so on. But my car has to look as Stock as possible due to rules in my country.

So I am Daily driving the Eclipse as Well.
Would I feel any difference changing to a High stall converter from Ibt while Daily driving and on the track?

As said, a high stall converter would not work well with that turbo, the turbo will run out of breath just as the converter is starting to be effective at going faster, plus without a freshly built up transmission you would likely break something internal in the stock transmission.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back