The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

WTF??? 3500 stall w/ stock converter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clipise

20+ Year Contributor
Nov 2, 2002
Bolingbrook, Illinois
i brake torqued my car acouple times when i was racing and it went to 3500. i have a stock usdm converter and a jdm trans( if this info matters). my car never slips at all. can someone please explain this to me?

oh yea, i have a 91 tsi awd.

clipise said:
i brake torqued my car acouple times when i was racing and it went to 3500. i have a stock usdm converter and a jdm trans( if this info matters). my car never slips at all. can someone please explain this to me?

oh yea, i have a 91 tsi awd.
slipping and flare ups are 2 totally different things. Flare ups are ussually hydraulic problems but if your TC was slipping you wouldn't know unless you dyno or drag the car.

Also make sure you change out your differential fluid and trans fluid once in a while, it could just be fluid break down causing the slip.

My stocker never went passed 2800, but others have gone as high as yours.

everything on the trans is fine. my friend keeps telling my its a aftermarket t.c. or the trans has stuff done to it. i keep telling him everythings stock. but everything is fine w/ the trans. brand new fluid and gear oil for the transer case.

I wonder if the 1g's have a higher stall speed set for the 14b?

my brakes cant hold me past 3k
i have a 91

The stock stall speed should be around 2500-2800, although some can go higher. But, realize you're loading up all that power on the front clutch pack, which equals burning and slipping after a while.....especially on a stock trans.
And all the year TCs are setup basically the same...

my car starts to move but i push the button on the ebrake and pull it up and right when i launch, i let it all go. but mostly it holds. only once in the blue moon my brakes dont hold.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back