The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Torque Converter: IPT High Stall vs Stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2_blue

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 11, 2004
East Lansing, Michigan
Just want to know the difference between IPT high-stall torque conver and the stock converter. How much differences would it make in a daily driver that doesn't see track much. Is it worth buying the high-stall if I don't goto the track much at all? My car is mostly driven in the city or very long highway trips.

Thanks

2_blue said:
Just want to know the difference between IPT high-stall torque conver and the stock converter. How much differences would it make in a daily driver that doesn't see track much. Is it worth buying the high-stall if I don't goto the track much at all? My car is mostly driven in the city or very long highway trips.

Thanks

It would boil down to your personal preference and your budget, but the high stall will give you a major performance gain over the stocker.

-John

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back