The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

13g/390cc to 14b/450cc

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

booosting92tsi

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 1, 2004
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
:talon: I have a 92 tsi fwd a/t.

I upgraded from 13g/390cc to 14b/450cc setup with stock MAF & K&N w/ all honeycombs in with a 2.5" turbo-back exhaust & no cat. But I left the A/T ECU in.

But i still had some crappy gas milage. I just got an ECU from a m/t (MD166262). I'm hoping with the m/t ECU it will manage the fuel/air ratio a little better, since the A/T ECU is designed for the 13g/390cc setup.

Will my air/fuel ratio be better???? Is it true that i also need a 450cc injector box with the ECU?? i SAW A GUY ON EBAY SELLING the m/t ECU with the 450cc Injector box that goes nearby the ECU.....is there such a injector box??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Did you change the factory fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail?? The 1g A/T's had a 43psi FPR and the 1g M/T's came with a 37psi FPR, that could cause your gas milage to be off also. As for the swapping of the ECU's, I did that swap and never had to swap any other "box" just the ECU.

I would have EXPECTED worse Gas Mileage with bigger Injectors & Turbo.

I would expect the Auto ECU to manage Fuel BETTER with an Auto.

NEVER heard of an Injector Box.

I'd DEFINITELY keep the 43psi FPR, & wouldn't mind having one...

I'm SURE you've reset ECU - reset Base Timing & reset Base Idle since your Mod...

I think you've got other issues. I've had 450's, 14b, and M/T cams in my car since last fall (swapped in the 6 bolt from my '90 5 speed) with the A/T ECU, I consistently got 26-27 MPG. In March I put in the MT ECU, I couldn't really tell a difference, and I still got 26-27 MPG a tank.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back