The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

big problem need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darksidestsi

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 23, 2004
Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania
95 tsi awd automatic. The car revs up turbo spools but doesnt pick up speed fast at all. I hear a bit of a moaning coming from the car to. Ive been quoted the clutch bands are the problem. If this is true how much is that to replace or fix? Or does someone else think something else is the cause . My tranny fluids clean and red no burnt smell or blackness to it either. :confused:

i had the same thing happen to my 1 gen. it ended up being a busted front axle. i have a manual but it felt like my clutch was slipping real bad. it would rev and boost, but it didnt wanna get off the line at all. i replaced the axle, and tadda ! good luck.
PJ

Was it expensive to fix? How can i tell if its the axle... a couple days before i had hit a curb from sliding on ice i flew up over it. The car seemed fine till one day boom. You think i may have cracked it the crack grew that is my problem?

A broken axle causes no movement at all.

-John

its awd tho ive heard of gsx with blown front axles still functioning but like crap could this be the case

darksidestsi said:
its awd tho ive heard of gsx with blown front axles still functioning but like crap could this be the case

No.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back