The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Best intercooler for 1g auto AWD to keep AC & eliminate cutting

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PGHtsi

Proven Member
Feb 3, 2019
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I am trying to figure out which intercooler to get that will allow me to keep my AC and not have to do any cutting. Also, if I buy a jmf aluminum bumper bar, will that help me with elimanating cutting ?

I just bought an all original 93 Talon tsi AWD automatic. I'm trying to make it a high 9 or low 10 second car. I haven't owned a DSM for about 14 years and I'm out of the loop and need to do a lot of reading and get a lot of advise. Thanks for any help

I have a 92 just like yours and I am planning on my VRSF unit to fit and retain all the A/C components. There are few members on here that still have it and I would bet they will chime in. I would venture to say you WILL have to cut something but should be minimal. That's what it looks like to me for my car and probably rerouting the a/c lines or making them fit with the IC piping also taking up some space. I will be into that part of the project in a month or so, until then, lets see what everyone else has to say. :thumb:
Marty

If you don't want to cut anything, I'd go with a big side mount intercooler like Joe Wrenches did. He ran 10's on it with ice cold AC.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I used to have the ETS 4" street on my 90 eclipse. That mounts to crash beam actually, so no need to cut the crash beam.
But any 2.5" or up short route pipings require to cut to open the route right next the radiator. but would be very easy.
And then bend a/c line by hand to let the pipings go through the hole you open. The ETS kit required to remove the power steering cooler.
(That is easy too. just disconnect two lines from the cooler and loop it at power steering reservoir).
Mine was 4" thickness so I needed to trim the bumper where it contacts but I think it is not necessary to trim if it is 3" or 3.5" core.

https://www.extremeturbosystems.com/instructions/1g.pdf

Thanks alot! Appreciate the info.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back