The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Bent Valves. First head rebuild.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artago

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2006
North Vancouver, BC_Canada
So my T-Belt snapped (improper tension) at idle. Bent some valves.

The head was rebuilt with aftermarket parts about 30,000 km go.

I'd like to do my first head rebuild. Just trying to compile a list of things I need to replace and maybe get some advice for a "head virgin".

I obviously need new valves.
What else do I need to replace?
Valve guides?
Do I need to take the head to a shop to regrind the angles on the valves?

Photo album here:

https://plus.google.com/photos/112644794890091871636/albums/6067513295525971777

Updating with new photos regularly

Last edited:
Please, don't reuse gaskets. Taking a chance for more problems. Mine leaked oil on the connection for my O2 sensor and it stopped working.

I just got quoted $550 for the labor + parts.
Pm me the name of the shop that quoted you that price. If i ever need to i can drive up there in a couple hours. Sounds like a great deal.[DOUBLEPOST=1413692800][/DOUBLEPOST]
Pm me the name of the shop that quoted you that price. If i ever need to i can drive up there in a couple hours. Sounds like a great deal.
Wait a minute i misread that statement. Nevermind. My bad.

Just to throw my .02 the EPN valves w/ manganese bronze guides are a sweet combo, the price is nice and the valves are SS, back cut and swirl polished.[DOUBLEPOST=1413704858][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, contact him through his website and he will cut you a better deal.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back