The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Beating a SRT-4

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSTdude06

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 29, 2005
Mesquite, Texas
What exactly would I need to beat a SRT-4. I'm talking like a good car length or 2. I have a aftermarket intake system, aftermarket BOV, and I have a 14B turbo on the way with a upgraded side mount intercooler. Ill buy a boost control and gauge so I can raise PSI but what all would I really need???

A boost controller, aftermarket BOV and upgraded catback exhaust is really all you need to beat a STOCK SRT4.

Sorry I dont understand. Stock SRT-4's run 5.7 stock. While Eclipse GS-T's run 0-60 in 6.4
With intake, BOV ,and 14B turbo I would win if I ran 15psi??

it really doesnt take much too take an SRT-4, dont get me wrong SRT-4's are not slow cars.

I'm just speaking solely on experience. I was in my friend's 2G gsx w/ intake filter, bov, ucip&licp; raced a stock SRT-4. Walked on a SRT-4 until about 105mph where my friend let off.

So it really doesnt take much too exactly beat them. And you have a boost control and 14b on the way. I would crank up the boost and you should easily take one by more than two lengths if you driving skills are up to par. Good luck beat them :thumb:

If you plan on running more boost you better upgrade that fuel system. A 14b might actually be detrimental if your running on a stock injectors/fuel pump.

Sounds good, my friend just got a new SRT-4 so I got to beat him so he wont have a huge mouth. But how much PSI should I run and whats the max. I don't have a upgraded fuel system quite yet but ill get one soon enough. I don't want to mess my car up just to win this simple race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back