The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

srt-4 exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dffusion20

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 24, 2007
Irmo, South_Carolina
Does anybody know how these cars make the sound they do? I am a huge fan, and not that I dont love the sound of a nasty exhaust on an Eclipse; just wondering. Also, I have a bud who has one and his turbo spool is ridiculous compared to mine, how come? This question is kinda vain, I know jw.

If you want POPs and Bangs 2g guys do what I did and you'll get an exhaust that sounds nicer than an SRT4's

Port the hell out of you're 02 housing I run dump you dont have to but it sounds meaner.
Then run a TRUE 3" downpipe down with NO CAT then run 3" PIPING ALL THE WAY To just one Muffler or Resonator.

If you're feeling brave just forget the muffler and do 3" to the end

It sounds orgasmic =]

I was actually planning on doing something like this with my 1G, I love loud exhausts and I never have a problem with the cops in my area cause I always just cruise in higher gear to keep the sound down when I see one.

I used to have an SRT and ran an open dump DP w/o a cat that was designed for the car for about a year and never got hassled by the cops for the sound. I loved how loud it was and when I'd race people at night they would tell me I'd shoot foot long flames in between shifts which was pretty badass.

And like a couple of the other guys said earlier the SRT comes stock with a cat and 2 resonators, no muffler or anything like that.

I have the stock downpipe, hollowed out cat, the factory resonators and a straight through 3ARacing muffler and WOW does it sound mean. VERY deep toned but not really LOUD. On my Neon I had a hollowed out cat, stepped up to 3 inch at the Cherry Bomb glasspack and a 90 degree bend right out the side of the car! That was just plain LOUD!

i have 3in turboback, straight blow through piping no cats, resanators, mufflers, etc with wastegate dumped into the atmosphere. i wouldnt do this on a dd. its annoying.

they split at the rear axle Its one pipe from the turbo back to cat 2 resonators then after the rear axle they split. Im going Mopar stage3 so Im gonna try sticking the stock srt turbo and mani on a 420 as well and see what happens......

I'm not sure why you brought back such an old thread, but anyway.
I don't know whay your srt4 would have 2 resonators. My 04 S1 had a cat and one resonator/muffler deal, then the Y.
But now it has neither a cat or muffler. Just 3"s of mandrel bent pipe from the turbo back, and side exit tip.

thermal research is definitely the way to go. i have a 3 inch set up on mine and it sounds amazing. It's so quite untill you're in the throttle than it's a whole different animal. Duals aren't the way to go on these cars. If you have a dual exhaust, you should have two banks on your block...

I'm not sure why you brought back such an old thread, but anyway.
I don't know whay your srt4 would have 2 resonators. My 04 S1 had a cat and one resonator/muffler deal, then the Y.
But now it has neither a cat or muffler. Just 3"s of mandrel bent pipe from the turbo back, and side exit tip.

Well I was on here to find out how to get my blower motor out of my 97 talon there was some bolts & twigs in it LOL! I Found some srt stuff that i was thinking about doing to my talon with the pile of stock srt-4 stuff that building up in my garage. You In CAL? I know they have stiffer emissions than most. I know Up here in Canada 04s came with 2 resonators and in the daimler service manual they list 2? You sure it wasnt a Mopar-Borla Cat back? I have one on mine now It has 1 res.... Hell heres my mod for my srt-4
Mopar Stage2 with /toys, mopar Short throw shifter, Mopar bov, Mopar cat back, Mopar strut tower braces, Mopar Stage1 springs, Mopar clutch upgade. Solid motor mount inserts, Greddy catch can, Agp fuel return kit. Aeromotive fpr, Walbro 255, 3 1/2" o2 housing. Forced Performance Mopar Stage 3 SRT GREEN turbo & Mani. PTP FMIC, AGP stage3 wga.......its in getting the fuel set up on the big wheel so i dont know what its going to put out or run. Side exhaust with no cat must sound Killer!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back