The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Srt 4 Turbo Design

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gst18

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 3, 2005
Madison Heights, Michigan
Everytime i drive next to a SRT 4 i can always see how fast their turbo spools . They can barely touch the throttle and their BOV goes off. I was just wondering how they were designed and what helps their spool time.
Thanks for any inputs.

I think Srt-4's are pretty badass, I want to test drive one. Also, I would drive an srt-4 if:

A) I had the money
B) They didn't have the neon rear-end

I'm not saying that all Srt-4 drivers are d1cks, but I've seen my fair share. As with any sterotype, there are always exceptions.

The Mopar BOV is nothing more then a noise maker. It is placed between the stock surge valve and the turbo. The blue plate goes off at any levels of vacume or boost, quite annoying. Oh I high full spool around 2800RPMS, another reason I picked up something with traction first and second are worthless.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

these turbos are fast spooling because they are rediculously small.

smaller than a vw ko3 and smaller than a t25. the 2.4l motor is overkill for such a small and restrictive setup. the stock bov on a srt-4 is nothing more than a rubber diaphragm that flaps open on part fo the compressor housing. i have a few of them laying around at my shop.

i can honestly say the only thing i like about the srt-4 is the seatsLOL LOL. besides that the interior is cheap econo car. the turbo sits against the firewall, not easy to mod like a dsm. turbo is super small. stock motor is weak. need i go on. a dsm has the 4g63 which is a legend and can take a monster amount of abuse on stock bottom end. has awd option and they are sexy the srt4 looks horrible from the outside or the inside. but anyways the turbo spools so quick because of 2.4 liters of displacment and the fact that the turbo is about the size of a peaROFL

p.s. in my opinion the srt-4 proves that chrysler couldnt make a real performance car on a budget without mitsubishi. no option for awd ar rear wheel come on now

Actually the turbo is not that small. Ive seen some good numbers on the stock turbo. The look awesome, and the interiors are nice, not cheap. Ive been in them they are very nice cars. Also the motor is very nice and strong. Ive seen over 300whp reliable on them.

a stock bottom end 2.4 SRT motor can and does handle 500hp. The turbo is a 15g, yes its small and hard to work on, but there are a number od them in the 300+hp range. Yup love the seats, but they are a pain when the car is lowered and you get in and out alot. I have to agree with thorton DCX still is not putting out a real performance car (4banger), hell look at the SRT Caliber, what 300hp FWD...FTL

for the motor being a 2.4l the turbo is small, and show me one srt4 making 500hp daily for more than 6 months.
sorry i hate these cars and i think it is mainly the drivers that are the cause of it

srts can be sweet, id daily drive one, and the motors do handle 500 whp without a problem. bottom line the turbo is too small for my lawn tractor. and the fact its a 1 piece turbo and manifold design makes it even lamer.

Now you got to put the price in to the equation. They are cheaper than most cars in its power range. Cant expect to much for the price. Also who cares if the stock turbo is small. The 2g dsm runs a t25, so dont make fun of the srt-4. Most of you are just jealous and thats why you hate the drivers. You envy them. LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back