1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Resolved BCS help

Posted by aaronth777, Aug 24, 2018

Please Support Southbay Fuel Injectors
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. aaronth777

aaronth777 Probationary Member

Joined Apr 12, 2015
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Hello all, I've recently decided to move to North Carolina and take my GSX with me. But one problem, they do emissions testing. So I've been going through my CEL codes trying to resolve all of them, but I'm having a hard time with code P1104 (Turbocharger Waste Gate Solenoid Circuit Malfunction).

The previous owner removed the BCS, so I bought one to plug in. But I can't find the right connector to plug it in to. I found the post on this site with all the 2G engine bay electrical connections, and it says the BCS connector looks like this: http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/2g-engine-bay-electrical-connections.298047/page-2#post-151542249

But when I went to find that in my car, I don't see it. The closest thing I can find is this connector in the attached pictures, but that has 4 connections instead of 2, and has 3 wires in the back instead of 2. Are these wires the right wires, but maybe a previous owner changed the connector at the end? or am I looking in the wrong area for the wires? (on the passenger side of the radiator, under the air filter?)

20180824_181651.jpg
    20180824_181658.jpg
    20180824_181705.jpg

Street Build 628  1

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. d1prospect

d1prospect Proven Member

Joined Mar 14, 2004
    Glen Bunie, Maryland
    It should’ve been there by that one. The in your hand is the generator relay if I’m not mistaken.

Drag Race Build 3K  15

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. aaronth777

Joined Apr 12, 2015
    You're absolutely right, thank you for the clarification. I'll be ordering that relay soon, thankfully it's only a backup relay so it can still drive without it. But anyone have any insight as to the location of the BCS wire?

Street Build 628  1

awd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. wrencher

wrencher Proven Member

Joined Nov 20, 2005
    Chicago, Illinois
    A-100 is BPS connector
    Maybe go back thru that leg of the harness and see if someone eliminated it?
    2gengine harness.gif

PlanZero and d1prospect like this.
  5. d1prospect

d1prospect Proven Member

Joined Mar 14, 2004
    Glen Bunie, Maryland
    PO could’ve eliminated like “wrencher” suggested or tucked it. If it’s there, it’s clearly tucked probably passensger side bumper area where stock side mount goes through frame wells. Trace the harness like mentioned above good idea

Drag Race Build 3K  15

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  6. aaronth777

Joined Apr 12, 2015
    Thank you both, that diagram was a huge help, I was looking in the wrong section of the wiring harness. I found the wires and figured out that the PO cut off the connector altogether instead of just unplugging it for some reason. I crimped connectors on the end of the wires that fit into the BCS and got it all figured out, just gotta see if the code went away. Thanks!

Street Build 628  1

awd · manual · 2G DSM