The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

bad tensioner arm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o0GuitarKid0o

Proven Member
Dec 12, 2013
Winnipeg ,MB, MB_Canada
Alright so I have a tensioner pulley and arm and was wondering if this divot is factory or not I've had this for a year or so got it for free with a rebuilt 14b turbo I'm replacing my timing belt in a week parts will be here Monday so I would like to no if I should order a new one locally or just use the one on my car now but I won't no how that looks till we do it on sat any info helps thanks! Here's a pic

Attachments

• 20150403_181806.jpg
    20150403_181806.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 119
  • 1428104168035.jpg
    1428104168035.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 112
Not supposed to be a divot in there. Specs call for 3.8 to 4.2mm gap between the arm and the tensioner. The divot will throw off the measurements. However, most divots I've seen are minor and you still should be able to get the belt tension within specs.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back