The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Baby's got back!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeaveeDSM

Supporting VIP
Dec 22, 2008
Miami, Florida
EDIT 8/30/2021: new pics from my recent paint job and new interior on page 3, post #74 of this thread.

Early morning wood from today here in Miami FLA:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

She's got a little up front too :p

EDIT JUly 10, 2011 - Here is the repainted fascia with more trimmed fascia to try and flow with the hood lines better. The upper outer edges are now a little more curved an I added a slight curve to the outer sides and bottom ("before" shot is just below this one):

BEFORE the additional trimming - vents were too straight across the top:

END EDIT

Original owner - '98 GST. 429HP, 348 ft. lbs torque. Specs in profile.

Last edited:
looks clean. not a fan of the extra bumper venting but looks well done.

Thats mesh vent on the bumper looks nasty.. The rest of the car is presitne though!

He probably has that there for a reason.. Big IC and looks of it still has AC, whatever work. It looks good IMO Rick!

I understand why someone would cut extra holes in the front bumper, I just don't like the angle those are cut at. They don't really flow. Other than that, the car is very clean!

I wish i could of bought a DSM brand new...thats gotta be quite the bond!!!

I understand why someone would cut extra holes in the front bumper, I just don't like the angle those are cut at. They don't really flow. Other than that, the car is very clean!

The asthetics of the vent cuts may not suit you but functionally, the vents reduced my coolant temps a full 15 degrees. Before the vents even with two SPAL fans my temps were in the upper limits of comfort - both on the prior stock block AND the current full blown build. Here in Miami A/C is a necessity for a full 9 months of the year. The mesh itself is stainless steel.

I thought about having the upper part of the vents follow the contour of the front of the hood but when I laid it up with painter't tape to look at it first, it made the car look like it had a smiley face - just didn't like it. So as an alternative the outer edges I angled to follow the angle of the inner edge angle of the headlights.

That car is gorgeous, and those bumper vents are well done, and functional, so I think they are sexy as hell

The asthetics of the vent cuts may not suit you but functionally, the vents reduced my coolant temps a full 15 degrees. Before the vents even with two SPAL fans my temps were in the upper limits of comfort - both on the prior stock block AND the current full blown build. Here in Miami A/C is a necessity for a full 9 months of the year. The mesh itself is stainless steel.

I thought about having the upper part of the vents follow the contour of the front of the hood but when I laid it up with painter't tape to look at it first, it made the car look like it had a smiley face - just didn't like it. So as an alternative the outer edges I angled to follow the angle of the inner edge angle of the headlights.

Oh I fully agree with everything you're saying. I've just seen vents cut in a slightly different shape, that looked better to me. It's your car so build it how you like it. It's still a very clean car. :thumb:

My God, boys watch out there's more back then we can handle with this one.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back