The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

avid billet mounts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d1prospect

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 14, 2004
Glen Bunie, Maryland
has anyone heard of the billet mounts causing knock?
i was told not to buy because they may cause a phantom because of the increased vibration from being so stiff. your opinions would be greatly appreciated. thx

no knock here. If anything i could see them reducing phantom knock atleast in my case because my lower mounts werent even there. look up my avid motor mount install.

If it's a big issue, they offer three different levels of stiffness. I believe they're 62A, 75A, and 90A. I had Prothanes and solid delrins in my old car and that thing shook something fierce at idle but at anything over 5mph there were no shakes. Also, I think Prothane are rated somewhere around 80A, but don't quote me on that. I personally picked up a set of the Avid mounts in the 62A since mine is a DD. I'll report back once they're installed.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back