The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

automatic seatbelts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoriftoTSi

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 14, 2002
Portland, Oregon
my passenger side seatbelt stays closed, it doesn't retract when the door opens. It doesn't make any noise or anything. Is there some kind of fuse or relay that only controls the passenger side seatbelt or is it more likely that the seat belt assembly is busted and i have to get a new one?

i am having the same exact issue. i got a new motor/assembly for mine, thinking the other went bad.

there seems to be two things telling the door that it is closed. when i open my driver side door, the belt goes to the off position. when i close the door, it goes tight like it should. now if i leave the door open, and just push the button on the side, the light on the dash registers that the door is closed, but the power belt says in the forward position, as if the door were open. so there is something else telling the door that it is open or closed. when i hook my passenger side automatic belt assembly up to the driver side cables, it works like it should, so i know the mechanism is good. something on the passenger side is telling the mechanism that the door is always open. i haven't figured it out either. just writing hoping someone sees it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back