The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

are these parts interchangeable?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abe'sGST

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 27, 2011
Goldsboro, North_Carolina
I have searched and can't seem to find it anywhere. Tomorrow I'm not working and am going to a few junkyards around this area to look for a few things. None of the local junkyards have turbo dsm's but have countless N/T. I'm looking to putting ac back in my gst and it doesn't have the ac fan, does the ac fan from a 420a dsm work? How about the shifter assembly off a 5 speed 2g? My gst came with an ebay short throw shifter and I'm looking to just get a stock one, if it they are the same.

thanks,

Abe:dsm:

I highly doubt either will work. The 420a is a mopar made motor and the 4g63 is mitsu made. I could be wrong about the shifter though. You could find one in a dodge stealth, talon, and a couple different Hyundai cars too.

the stock 2g shifter is the same in all 2g 5speeds. the fan will work but not sure of the wire conections or how it mounts. might need alittle customization

Yea, that's what I was thinking but wanted to make sure that the shifter was the same. I'm going to look at the fan connector and hope it's the same plug in as the 4g63 fan, if not I rather just order me one online than customize my own. Thanks man

Shifter is the same N/T and Turbo.

Hmmm... I'm not too sure about that. I did a swap and tried to keep the n/t linkage with a turbo engine and it didn't work at all. The linkages are different lengths as far as I know.

Non-turbo Spyder A/C fan is only 1 bolt different. Plugs right in as well.

Hmmm... I'm not too sure about that. I did a swap and tried to keep the n/t linkage with a turbo engine and it didn't work at all. The linkages are different lengths as far as I know.

n/t and turbo might be different on 1g's, i asked for 2g.

Non-turbo Spyder A/C fan is only 1 bolt different. Plugs right in as well.

So only the ac fan off a 2g n/t spyder will plug right in a 4g63?

So only the ac fan off a 2g n/t spyder will plug right in a 4g63?

Radiator fan appears to be the same as well. Not sure about the plug, but I'd assume it's the same. All I can say is that if you find one don't pass it up because chances are it will fit.

When I looked it up in the parts manual I have, it had the same part number for the shift lever itself. I didn't look at the whole shifter assembly as a whole.

Shift linkage is not the same, But the shifter itself is the same.
I have seen a lot of N/T Fans, and they all a little different, Because the engine is at the opposite side of the turbo engine, the big fan is in the driver side which our Turbo is in the passenger side.

However, they both can feet if you do a little modification. But they will not bolt on just like that.

The fans off the 7th generation galants will work. Those cars are all over the place in salvage yards.

Ok, well today i went out to two different salvage yards and looked for both the shifter and the fan. (also looked for any turbo dsm but neither had one, it's as if they don't even exist LOL). I got the shifter off a talon and it works great on my gst now, much better than the cheap ebay shifter it had.:hellyeah:. There were like 10 2g n/t in both yards but none had either fan, but i got to look the the connectors where they were plugged in, and they are the same connectors as my gst.

The fans off the 7th generation galants will work. Those cars are all over the place in salvage yards.

really? I didn't know that. I will be looking out for one next time i go then. Thanks

ok guys, today i had a little extra time to run to the junkyard and look once again for an a/c fan for my 2g. I found one off a N/A 2g, and bought it. I came home and it bolted right up, plugged right up. Common sense would tell me it should work, but when i go in and turn on my air the fan does not come on. As of right now, my ac compressor doesn't have a belt, I should get my new compressor in this week, idk if no belt has anything to do with the fan not coming on:confused:. Anyway i can test to see if the fan is getting power?

ok guys, today i had a little extra time to run to the junkyard and look once again for an a/c fan for my 2g. I found one off a N/A 2g, and bought it. I came home and it bolted right up, plugged right up. Common sense would tell me it should work, but when i go in and turn on my air the fan does not come on. As of right now, my ac compressor doesn't have a belt, I should get my new compressor in this week, idk if no belt has anything to do with the fan not coming on:confused:. Anyway i can test to see if the fan is getting power?

The radiator fan will work, but the ac fan will not work unless you over heat.

Yes, but the compressor has a sensor which tells if ther is pressure in the system, if the compressor is not turned On, then it will not send the signal to the fan.
If you say, there is no belt on the compressor, then there is no pressure.

Ok, that's what i was thinking, since there is no belt. Yea I recovered the refrigerant and removed the belt off the compressor since I will be replacing it this week.

If 2G wiring is like the 1G when it comes to fans, you engage the AC switch, put the fan switch to first position and both fans should take off.

It's a nice little trick when you're in stop and go traffic and you see your temp gauge rise - get them fans on continually. I don't have AC anymore, but have both fans to do this trick with the two switches.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back