The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Mitsubishi/Hyundai interchangeable parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinned4g63

Proven Member
May 1, 2017
Pasadena, Maryland
I've recently started working at a Ford/Hyundai dealer in parts where I've been playing with looking up different things for a 1993-1998 Sonata starting with the timing belt cover. Seeing that my GSX is in need of one I thought I could get a good price on one if it were in stock.. to my surprise it shows 1 remaining at 1 of 9 warehouses across the US. Chances are when showing a quantity of 1 in this instance, it's not actually there or inventory is off. So between that and seeing the recent post about OEM 6bolt timing belt tensioners becoming harder and harder to find it got me thinking.. what else is interchangeable? I imagine most everything is as long as it mounts up or plugs in the same based on the chassis and/or wiring.

I'd like to point out there are 6bolt timing covers on amazon for about $65 plus shipping under the part number 21350-33230 but that part number does not come up for Hyundai as if doesn't exist. The number on the Hyundai comes up with 21350-33130 and does NOT supercede. With timing cover and belt in mind considering the tensioner I checked that as well which DID supercede but is not obsolete. Original number is 24410-33101 SS to 24410-33190 for consideration.

So out of curiosity does anyone else know what parts are interchangeable between the motors (pulleys, gaskets, mounts, hardware, sensors, etc) or does anyone have any questions I can try looking into? And can anyone explain the difference in part numbers between the timing covers?

EDIT: Correcting my estimate of warehouses "maybe 20" confirmed as 9 total, 1 being simply labeled "special" if that even counts.

Pics uploaded for reference.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back