The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

are all 6 bolt heads the same?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mathewdylang

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 27, 2011
Effingham, Illinois
Basically my question is, is a gvr4 92 head the same as a 92gsx head? Did they change anythng cam or valve wise between the two cars? I picked up a complete gvr4 head for my build for 100 then got to wondering if they were exactly the same. Thanks for any help.

Yes, those two heads are the exact same.

Edit: Assuming the GSX is a manual transmission vehicle; otherwise, the cams are different.

Basically my question is, is a gvr4 92 head the same as a 92gsx head? Did they change anythng cam or valve wise between the two cars? I picked up a complete gvr4 head for my build for 100 then got to wondering if they were exactly the same. Thanks for any help.

I must say this question deserve a BOGUS answer! Wiseman Bogus SVO that is;) Maybe dale will chime in!

All six bolt castings are not the same. There is a 1.6L, 1.8L and 2.0L casting. All are different. 1.6's have small ports and small combustion chambers, 1.8's have large ports and a small combustion. 2.0's have large large ports and a large combustion chamber.

I should have been more specific. The 6bolt heads on dsm's and galants are the same casting. The Hyundai stuff isn't even really made by mitsu, Hyundai makes the parts with a license from mitsu, and the csm stuff is rare enough to pretend it doesn't exist.

Then how do you explain the 4G67?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back