The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Anyone Running a NT FPR at High Boost

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

habitatguy187

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 20, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
I read through all the NT FPR threads and one of the wisemen stated that they tried a nt fpr on a friend's car and it would knock at anything above 18psi. He said they didn't know if the fuel pump couldn't keep up at that pressure or if the NT FPR wasn't raising the fuel pressure anymore and it was leaning it out.

So my question is, does anyone have experience running an NT FPR above 20psi? I plan to be running around 25 and don't have a wideband yet, plus I'm running e85 so it will burn up before it knocks :ohdamn:

why not just end up using a turbo fpr that is 1:1? yeah the n/t fpr is higher pressure but i have no idea if it's 1:1 with boost. you could also run a 2g fpr because those are actually 3-bar (43.5 psi) which basically all japanese injectors are rated their flow for.

the 1g turbo auto fpr is 42.7 psi. no 1g came with a 3-bar fpr.

Get an EVO fuel pressure regulator or 2g one and be done. New, it will hold anything you throw at it plus it's ~$60 OEM.

Get an EVO fuel pressure regulator or 2g one and be done. New, it will hold anything you throw at it plus it's ~$60 OEM.

I'd stick with a 1g FPR, the A/T ones work great for a little more fuel.
The 2g FPR is in no way superior to a 1g one and are actually more prone to overrun with a 255lph than a 1g FPR would.
Not sure about the EVO ones though
Only advantage for the 2g one would be its increased pressure over the 5spd 1g FPR, if you can't find an A/T one.

I'd stick with a 1g FPR, the A/T ones work great for a little more fuel.
The 2g FPR is in no way superior to a 1g one and are actually more prone to overrun with a 255lph than a 1g FPR would.
Not sure about the EVO ones though
Only advantage for the 2g one would be its increased pressure over the 5spd 1g FPR, if you can't find an A/T one.

You have that statement backwards. Trust me I have done TONS of testing on this because I get questioned all the time. I have overrun new OEM 1g one's time after time. The 2g and EVO one's work flawlessly. Even with a dual 255hp setup or single 255hp and an inline Bosch they still work great. The 1g could barely manage a 255hp. Haven't tested the A/T one so no feedback on that

You have that statement backwards. Trust me I have done TONS of testing on this because I get questioned all the time. I have overrun new OEM 1g one's time after time. The 2g and EVO one's work flawlessly. Even with a dual 255hp setup or single 255hp and an inline Bosch they still work great. The 1g could barely manage a 255hp. Haven't tested the A/T one so no feedback on that

I've read that numerous times on this forum. So its not just me, its quite a few people. Not looking to start a debate as I could care less but:

Do you any sort of proof of the 2g/evo fprs handling dual pumps just fine?
Do you have any explanation of the internals of these fprs that make them far superior to the 1g ones?

If you have this new revelation of info for the community, please post up the information and help everyone out!

indeed it's time for proof (internal pics of both types of fprs and a bench setup to show this @12v and actual car voltage, and various pressures, and pumps.) before you have said that 1g fprs don't overrun as well.

I've read that numerous times on this forum. So its not just me, its quite a few people. Not looking to start a debate as I could care less but:

Do you any sort of proof of the 2g/evo fprs handling dual pumps just fine?
Do you have any explanation of the internals of these fprs that make them far superior to the 1g ones?

If you have this new revelation of info for the community, please post up the information and help everyone out!

That because people took a crappy worn out FPR as it being overrun. There are NUMEROUS EVO's and 2g DSM cars here running stock FPR just fine. Including me. I don't need to cut one open and show people the internals. The fact that I run a 255hp just fine with a new OEM regulator is proof enough for me. Along with a 600whp GSX running a Bosch 044 inline with a Walbro 255hp. And many many many EVO's here running single 255hp with inline pumps for when they want to run E85 on stock regulators. You have read numerous times but I don't think anyone has ever tried just getting a new regulator. And I have posted NUMEROUS times in dozens of posts. And the people that actually take my advice, almost all the time PM me thanking me for the information.

we would like proof in the form of internal pictures. just because a car can run 600whp doesn't mean the fuel pressure stays at the stock level, especially as flow decreases as pressure increases, and 600whp is consuming a lot of fuel. is an evo regulator the same part number as the 2g? the evos use a dual voltage pump, which mitsubishi saw overrun in their own fprs being the sole reason they do dual voltage.

this guy has a 1g and it is recommended they get an afpr for adjustment. the 2g fpr won't fit a 1g rail, and some people don't want to drill and tap stuff to just have another oem part.

I've run a NT FPR on my car at 20psi. It seemed to keep up just fine. I ran it for about 2 months before switching back. I switched back because my chip is set up for the stock turbo FPR.

we would like proof in the form of internal pictures. just because a car can run 600whp doesn't mean the fuel pressure stays at the stock level, especially as flow decreases as pressure increases, and 600whp is consuming a lot of fuel. is an evo regulator the same part number as the 2g? the evos use a dual voltage pump, which mitsubishi saw overrun in their own fprs being the sole reason they do dual voltage.

this guy has a 1g and it is recommended they get an afpr for adjustment. the 2g fpr won't fit a 1g rail, and some people don't want to drill and tap stuff to just have another oem part.

Internal pictures will tell you nothing. I can hold a camera on my fuel pressure gauge while on the dyno and at idle if you want next time either of us are there but taking a regulator apart will just show you pictures. An EVO regulator is a different part number but same design/bolt pattern. And as far as this dual voltage pump ordeal, I have heard of this lots on here, but there is very little mention of it on EVOM and all the in-tank pumps I have tested have battery voltage at all RPM's. Why do you need to adjust fuel pressure anyways. If you need more fuel, get bigger injectors.

Why do you need to adjust fuel pressure anyways. If you need more fuel, get bigger injectors.

no regulator is perfectly consistent with daily weather conditions. how won't internal pictures tell someone nothing? we all know the small orifice that's been documented in a 1g fpr WILL overrun with a 255 and up, so many would like to know what's inside of these "special" 2g and evo regulators that make them supposedly not overrun.

I've run a NT FPR on my car at 20psi. It seemed to keep up just fine. I ran it for about 2 months before switching back. I switched back because my chip is set up for the stock turbo FPR.

Thanks for the feedback :thumb: Hopefully I can find one at the junkyard tomorrow.

Why do you need to adjust fuel pressure anyways. If you need more fuel, get bigger injectors.

Why do you have a 2.3? If you need more power, get a bigger turbo. :p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back