The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Anyone able to fit AN fitting on top of valve cover for catch can?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funfettie

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 19, 2011
Menomonie, Wisconsin
Hi there,
So im trying to figure out what where to place -10an fitting on my valve cover for my new Calan catch can setup. I was able to remove the baffles to find theres no way I can fit 10an fittings above them unless I install the fittings on the top of the calve cover, which i would actually prefer. (I think it looks more professional and i would think it would also be more functional)

I also read somewhere that this is going to be tough to do because the fittings will hit the hood on 2g's

Has anyone found a way to get around this? Denting the hood skeleton/frame? maybe using a certain fitting that provides lower profile? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I can do this for you. You have to sink the bungs into the valve cover to they are flush. Then you must use tight radius fittings to make the turn.

I can do this for you. You have to sink the bungs into the valve cover to they are flush. Then you must use tight radius fittings to make the turn.

I was planning on threading 90 degree fitting into the valve cover as I dont have access to a welder/materials. But ill will be shooting you a PM either way.

This is the fitting I was planning on using. I thought id be able to sink it down as far as possible to allow room for the line/fitting to clear the hood. Thoughts?

Thanks
http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/ear-829010erl_w.jpg

Yup weld a 1/2 pipe fitting into the valve cover and use that fitting. I can ship it out with all the parts you need.

I saw one that had banjo fittings on the top side of the valve cover, it may have been Tim Z that posted it. I am not sure how much the fitting its self would restrict the flow of air though.

Yup weld a 1/2 pipe fitting into the valve cover and use that fitting. I can ship it out with all the parts you need.

I dont have access to a welder.. :/ I was hoping to thread the fittings into place and locking them down with an NPT nut on the backside. Thoughts?

In this thread: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/454239-fittings.html twicks69 posted a picture of an engine bay (I believe is his) with the fittings on top of the valve cover. If it is his I believe he is using the stock hood as well.

Bad example. He's not using a stock valve cover. The billet cover is machined to be slimmer than the stock one, which allows the fittings to be used. I do believe I remember seeing a small mark on his hood though from the rear fitting.

I did it, check out my build thread, pics are in there. Two -10an bungs on top, back one just barely rubbed the heat shield but I cut out a section and haven't had a problem since. Nothing special about the fittings, just down as much as possible for clearance

Bad example. He's not using a stock valve cover. The billet cover is machined to be slimmer than the stock one, which allows the fittings to be used. I do believe I remember seeing a small mark on his hood though from the rear fitting.

Gotcha. I assumed the billet cover wasn't too much different than the stock valve cover and his setup was the first to come to mind. Thanks for the clarification.

I did it, check out my build thread, pics are in there. Two -10an bungs on top, back one just barely rubbed the heat shield but I cut out a section and haven't had a problem since. Nothing special about the fittings, just down as much as possible for clearance

Very nice build thread! very impressed! I wish i could afford wheels and brakes like yours... haha Thank you very much for the information! I think ill be trying to get away with the same layout you have!
Thanks again!

My valve cover is shallower than stock and uses Fragola 100010 fittings.

I've seen it done before with cars on here, try searching imagines for engine bay pictures.... There was a guy making oil caps with an fittings on a while ago. Not sure if you would want to go that route

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back