The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

another "PLEASE HELP CAR WONT START" problem! Have spark, have fuel, have searched

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2gGSX

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 15, 2004
St. Louis, Missouri
I've already searched and read through the last ten pages of posts, with no help.

Now that my car's back together when I try to start the car, starter motor runs and engine turns, almost sounds like it's about to start then keeps turning.

Some background: I just finished a T28 install along with an O2 elim/downpipe and high flow cat, and a boost gauge. The car ran fine sunday 2/20/05, but my oil feed line was leaking oil and I needed a high flow cat still.

Fast forward to tuesday 2/22/05. I mounted the cat in place just to hold it in place, with the flanges tightened down and the cat suspended in place, so I wanted to start the car to hear how it'd sound. When I started, all the electronics suddenly died (but not completely like a battery terminal problem)--the dash lights were still on but very dimly. From there on out my car won't start.

My plug wires are good, all 4 discharged to the intake manifold (and yes I put them back the right way). Spark plugs look a little fouled though, but I don't believe this would keep the car from starting. I can smell fuel from the engine after cranking it. I just listened to my fuel pump, and heard the light whirl of it priming the fuel system. I also replaced the 100A altenator fuse, 30A starter motor fuse and 20A "engine" (MPI fuse for you 1g people). I've checked absolutely everything I can think of and have had no luck, please help!

fixed...
apparently my throttle plate got stuck :(

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back