The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A Alternator/Battery Not Charging

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puggy_sd455

Proven Member
Dec 22, 2012
Marion, Ohio
Hello iv got a 96 Talon with the 420A motor the last week I was driving to work when my battery light come on and I slowly lost power well my first thought was is that the alternator went out so I ordered a new one and wail I was waiting for that to come in I put new thermals on the battery wires and put a better ground on well the new alternator come in today and it still don't charge not even alittle I pulled the power wire off wail it was running and it died just that fast the battery is good the wiring is good and the alternator is good... What else is there Starter? ECU? Fuse? Voltage Regulator? can any one help PLEASE :aha: :pray: :confused:

That happened to me on when I had my first gen. It turned out to be both my alternator and battery.:confused: If I were you I'd check that battery ### its probably is bad. You take it off and take it to an autozone and they will check it for free. If it's good check the voltage on the battery to see if the alternator is charging.

Its a fusible link in the engine compartment fuse block. I think its called charging system. I blew this one once when I didn't disconnect the battery when I was removing the alternator my wrench hit the power side and the exhaust manifold and created a short.

Take both the battery and alt to autozone/o'reily to have them tested. It's not uncommon to get a bad working alt if you bought it from either of those two. I bought from from O'reily only for it to go out the same day (what s pos). I now only buy them from Winchester auto whome carry BBB which has a warranty for life.:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back