The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Alternative timing belt tentioner tool!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMTyson

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 9, 2010
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Well, earlier today I was stuck in a bind while putting my timing belt back on. I didn't have the belt tensioner tool and didn't feel like ordering 1 and waiting 3 days for it to get to my home.

So off to Advance auto parts! I tried to see if they had a belt tensioner adjustment tool(fat chance), and while they were in the back looking, I decided to look in the tool section and I found this... at first I was skeptical, but when I brought it home and tried out the bolt, it worked flawlessly.

So if theres anyone that needs a tensioner tool and fast, take a trip over to advance auto parts and grab one of these. It was like 17.60 after tax, and I can just clean it and bring it back tomorrow then order a real one if I need to.

I know theres a way to do it with battery tie down bolts, but I was in a rush and the store was closing in 15 minutes. I live 10 minutes from the store.

Attachments

• P1010457.jpg
    P1010457.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 82
  • P1010458.jpg
    P1010458.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 73
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back