The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECUflash Add 1 Gal Race Gas to my 91 Tune?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afjhal

Probationary Member
Mar 16, 2020
Bartlesville, Washington
Hello everyone,,
I AM NOT A TUNER :D Now that being said I can build the car mechanically but not much of a tuner at all. Ricky tuned my car on pump 91 because thats all I have avaliable. So as it gets warmer and the intercooler is heat soaked I do get some knock. So the question is if I add a gal of race fuel to my normal 9-10 gal of gas will that stop the knock? Or I can add a gal of Toulene. Will that mess up my tune?

I personally dabbled with splashing in a little e85 before I made the full switch, I also had a wide band and was able to closely monitor afr’s, but honestly Vegas is right, you don’t want to mess up your fuel trims, the higher the ethanol content in your tank the leaner your afr’s will be, Unless you adjust your global fuel setting to compensate, but that depends on injector size and current duty cycles. Honestly it’s not worth it unless you can make full swap and really gain from the benefits:thumb:

Hello everyone,,
I AM NOT A TUNER :D Now that being said I can build the car mechanically but not much of a tuner at all. Ricky tuned my car on pump 91 because thats all https://trackeasy.fun/usps/ https://showbox.tools/ I have avaliable. So as it gets warmer and the intercooler is heat soaked I do get some knock. So the question is if I add a gal of race fuel to my normal 9-10 gal of gas will that stop the knock? Or I can add a gal of Toulene. Will that mess up my tune?

Thank you my issue has been solved,...

As long as the race gas Is non oxygenated it will not change anything but more octane rating. I will say though if e85 is available to you I would go that route. I was amazed by it and now myself and everyone I tune runs nothing but e85.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back