The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

99 gsx crankwalk

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

james2000

Probationary Member
Aug 31, 2004
haddonfield, New_Jersey
some one told me that cars made in 99 tend not to get crank walk. is this true? is there a official list of cars that have come down with crank walk? thanks James

Nope thats not true. Any 2g dsm can get crankwalk. I believe 97's have it the worst. But the least likely to get crankwlak is 99's and 95's with a 94 production date. However even those years have had more than several cases of crankwalk. There is no official list but if you use the serch button on the top right hand corner of the screen and type in crankwalk you will find tons of topics on it, some of those are polls in whcih you can see rough percentages for each year.

I was informed that '95's have it the worst and then '96's then so on and so forth. I also suggest a search, most of which will give you mindless threads, but read through them and you will find the answer.

my95tsi said:
Well your actually very wrong i don't know where you even got that information. 97's have the most reported cases of crankwalk.

x2.

95's and 99's tend not to get it the most, i believe.

Thanks for clearing this up, I have two '97's, both built in November of 1996 and they're still alive, thats all I care.

my95tsi said:
Nope thats not true. Any 2g dsm can get crankwalk. I believe 97's have it the worst. But the least likely to get crankwlak is 99's and 95's with a 94 production date. However even those years have had more than several cases of crankwalk. There is no official list but if you use the serch button on the top right hand corner of the screen and type in crankwalk you will find tons of topics on it, some of those are polls in whcih you can see rough percentages for each year.

You are wrong number one... ANY DSM can get crankwalk. My friend with a 91 GSX has crankwalk. And its been diagnosed by every member of newengdsm :) So it can happen to anyone with one. They used to laugh at me saying I would get crank walk :) Still alive :thumb:

Crankwalk is overrated.

yea, any dsm can get crankwalk but it's most common on sevenbolted motors which r in 93 and later models.

any CAR can get crankwalk, 95-97 are prone to crankwalk. after 97 production date something was done with the block so 98-99 are not as prone as the 95-97, they are just average like any other car is. so ive heard many times before... it is either this or that 95 and 96 are prone to crankwalk and they fixed the problem in 97+ dsms.

If they did change something to the 7-bolts for the later 2g's, what was it (most say that there is something but nobody seems to know what it is)? and can the process be duplicated? My 97 GSX was built Oct 96 I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back